General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 dodge caravan

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
dejay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 dodge caravan

first off,hello everyone. forumlooks great. well now my question. some kids tried to steel my mother in laws van and i went and got a new colum for it and installed it. everything went great putting it into the van. now this van is fully loaded but when i go to start the van it does not crank and everything has power except the radio, windows, wipers, and cranking. i switched out the colums twice to make sure the first colum was not bad but it did the same thing. any help with this would be great. thanks, DeJay

Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 PM
dejay
Default RE: 92 dodge caravan

any clues out there?

Old 02-22-2006, 05:02 AM
Chump
Captain
Default RE: 92 dodge caravan

Both columns are doing the same thing? A bad ground. Did they cut any wires? Look around for a wire that has no home, maybe black, could be a ground wire and it needs to be hooked up...sometimes these go under one of the bolts that mounts the steering colum to dash or maybe further down on the steering column. Maybe L/H side of instrument panel? Not sure on your vehicle. Is this a tilt column?

Quick Reply: 92 dodge caravan