General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

help!!!!!!!!!!!! front drivers brakes locking up!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
shorty9166
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!!!!!!!!!!! front drivers brakes locking up!!!!!!

i have a 89 dodge b150. after driving for more than a few min, the front driver brake locks up. i have been told it can be a few different things, possibly the hoses are clogged or the caliber could be bad or maybe a return spring or somthing of the sort. if anyone had any tips or information it would be greatly appreciated

Old 03-28-2006, 09:17 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Default RE: help!!!!!!!!!!!! front drivers brakes locking up!!!!!!

If it's just that one barke then a clogged/ colapsing hose would be a good place to start, the caliper could also be a likey cause. with the year of the truck this would be the likely place that i would start the search. A word of advice if you replace one caliper the replace them both.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Jack142
Default RE: help!!!!!!!!!!!! front drivers brakes locking up!!!!!!

sometimes just pulling the brakes and reseating the calipers, using a large c clamp, and then putting them back together might clear your problem. I had a truck where there was a large ring (rust, maybe ) on one of the calipers, that caused them to lock up I took them apart, lightly very lightly stepped on the brakes to expand the caliper used steel wool and cleaned them up. they worked fine afterwards.

Quick Reply: help!!!!!!!!!!!! front drivers brakes locking up!!!!!!