General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Any way to keep accessory power on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:14 PM
VulnoX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to keep accessory power on?

I am liking my new Caliber, but there is one "problem" that is not making me as happy.

When you turn off the car and open the door, the car shuts off the power to everything, which I can understand.

But it also shuts off power to the accessory plugs. This sucks, to put it lightly.

My main use for having it on, something all our Ford vehicles do, is that I have an iPod charger and transmitter in the car. When the transmitter loses power, it defaults to another channel then what I have it set to. So now I have to reset it all the time. This isnt as much a problem now that I use the Aux jack, but I also like to use the charger part of it to charge my iPod after using it, and thats hard to do if the car wont let it keep charging!

I have other uses for it too, such as cell-phone charging when away from home, leave it out there for a few hours to let it charge.

Etc etc etc.

How can I disable this "feature", without losing battery rundown shutoff.

My Ford trucks could leave things plugged in and running, and would shut power off only if power levels dipped to where starting the vehicle may be a problem, I dont see why this is a hard concept for other companies to follow.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:01 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Default RE: Any way to keep accessory power on?

I understand your thinking. You could always rerun the cig outlet to a constant power source from the radio...
I know it's a new car, but since it doesn't have the feature you like, you can always modify it a bit.
Just my thought.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:23 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: silvercoupe97

I understand your thinking. You could always rerun the cig outlet to a constant power source from the radio...
I know it's a new car, but since it doesn't have the feature you like, you can always modify it a bit.
Just my thought.
Thats what I would do, just snip the cig lighter wires and re run them to a constant source.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Chump
Captain

Ask Mother Mopar if there is a way to get around this problem, I'm sure you can't be the only one with this request?

Old 08-25-2006, 12:34 AM
chryslertech

in the power distribution center under the hood (where all the fuses are) you can switch fuse from ignition to battery. When fuse is in ignition, power goes away when key is off, when in battery slot power will stay on all the time.

Quick Reply: Any way to keep accessory power on?