General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Heeelp!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:04 AM
grand_am_man96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heeelp!!!

Hey guys, I am new here and have a question for all you dodge boys. I recently picked up a 98 dodge dakota with a 2.5L 4 cyl. and a 5 speed tranny. It doesnt have any spark and i cant for the life of me figure out why. I have replaced the coil, cap and rotor, pickup coil, and I am still not getting any juice to the coil while cranking it over. I recently picked aup a code scanner for OBDII and came back with a "pending DTC", but it didnt give me the number of the code. It just said that there is a possible problem. I sould also mention that the truck was sitting for a period of time and supposidly ran when it was parked. Also that the battery was disconected so any possible codes that were stored in the computer would be erased, right? would the truck be able to recognize the code with it just turning over and not starting after the PCM was possible reset? I have some decent mechanical skills, but this has got me scratching my head. What els could cause it to not have spark? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ernie

Old 04-17-2006, 02:28 AM
buckw1
Professional
Default RE: Heeelp!!!

Look in the underhood fusebox for the ASD relay, if possible swap it with the horn relay or other non-critical relay. The ASD relay supplies power to the coil/fuel pump etc. Going further than this is beyond the scope of this forum. (voltage tests of the ECU and signal chek from the crank sensor)

Old 04-17-2006, 05:21 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Heeelp!!!

ORIGINAL: buckw1

Look in the underhood fusebox for the ASD relay, if possible swap it with the horn relay or other non-critical relay. The ASD relay supplies power to the coil/fuel pump etc. Going further than this is beyond the scope of this forum. (voltage tests of the ECU and signal chek from the crank sensor)
How do you figure its beyond the scope of this forum??

Do you have voltage to the coil? What is a pending DTC? I am guessing but Diagnoss Trouble Codes? SOunds like its not reading the PCM, you might have a bad PCM.

Quick Reply: Heeelp!!!