General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Computer Programmers - Which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:31 AM
DrJekyl5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Computer Programmers - Which is best?

I want to add a programmer to my 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L. I would like advice on which one to go with. Only requirements are that I can still use gas from the pump without adding octane booster. My vehicle inspection does not require emissions testing. Current aftermarket parts I have added are low temp thermostat, cold air intake, and aftermarket exhaust.

Which one would be the best?

Thanks

Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
alpine25
Veteran
Default RE: Computer Programmers - Which is best?

I would look for a Mopar Performance computer. Not sure if they made them for that particular truck though.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:52 PM
badram1500
Veteran

try a superchips number 3715. you can run 87 or 93 plus a towing program. It will also read and clear dtc's. You can raise the rev limiter and adjust for different size tires.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
needmoemoney

I would get the superchip. I just purchased one of those and am running the 93 octane performance program. I can tell a big difference when I drive it. The only complaint is that there is still a governor on it. I need to contact superchips to see if I can remove the governor somehow.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:33 PM
sysengr1
Rookie

I've got the Hypertech III and it works ok. Didn't notice that big of a diff, but my truck was already running pretty good ;-) when I purchased it. If I had it to do over again, I would go with the KRC Performance Cam Cal custom flash, or some other custom flash. A little more $$, but from what I hear it's worth it....

Quick Reply: Computer Programmers - Which is best?