General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Naughty Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004 | 09:59 AM
SRT_YA
|
Record Breaker
Default Naughty Headlights

Okay, so it's a little off topic - cause it's not for a Dodge - so.... I don't really need to hear how I should have bought a Dodge, blah, blah, blah to fix the problem... this is my "winter/rainy weather" car... anyway... My SRT-4 is doing fine

1993 Ford Thunderbird, 3.8 Liter V6, Auto, etc...

The headlights "cut out" while driving... I'll be driving along and BAM! the headlights flicker out, cut back on, then back off... kind of like those random Christmas tree lights you put out for the holidays... point is... it sucks... do you guys think it's just a bad ground?? or a relay?? It doesn't just do it over rough roads and such... and it seems pretty random... the car has fog lights and they appear to cut out as well... not sure on taillights or parking lights... it flickers too quickly (and I haven't had to really drive the car at night yet)... any suggestions?? thanks!!

- j.

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:04 PM
JCswm
Veteran
Default RE: Naughty Headlights

That's a common ford problem..... Replace the headlight switch

Old 06-09-2004 | 12:43 PM
SRT_YA
|
Record Breaker
Default RE: Naughty Headlights

JC,

you are referring to the Push/Pull switch located in the dash I assume? I will have to try and swap that part to see if it fixes the problem, thanks for the info!!!!

Quick Reply: Naughty Headlights