General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

02 dakota bad hesitation with new V8 TB

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 12:48 AM
oldtruckluvr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 dakota bad hesitation with new V8 TB

i just purchased a V8 throttle body for my 3.9 V6. also put in a new TPS. now when i hit the gas, there is a moderate hesitation along with a sucking noise or something? any ideas how to fix this or what to do or what is causing theis? there was no hesitation with the original throttle body. any help would be great! thanks

Old 05-29-2006, 11:51 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 02 dakota bad hesitation with new V8 TB

Make sure the TPS is sending the right voltage to the computer.I don't know what the voltage is for your truck but if there's enough room to move the TPS a little you might try that.
Also try removing the battery cable for about fifteen minutes to reset the computer.This will give the computer a chance to relearn the new computer values and could clear up your problem.
Repost and let us know if any of this helped.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:35 AM
yakkier
Banned

check the gasket around your TB an see if you tore it some where, best way to see if it's leaking or not is take some starting fluid or carb cleaner an spray around the base of your TB where the gasket is an if it's leaking then you will see an instant change in your RPM levels. or could be your map sensor, mine had the same problem an it ended up being the map sensor on the back of the TB, i also thought it was the TPS an ended up not being an i ended up wasting 50 bucks on it when i didnt need it ..

Old 06-08-2006, 01:34 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

make sure you have the right mm tb. your truck came with a 65 mm 68 is the most you can go, if you went with the 70 mm or more you are gonna damamge the engine, to much air is gonna create knocking and pinging cause computer cant advance timing that much. are trucks our only designed for 22 degreees advanced

Quick Reply: 02 dakota bad hesitation with new V8 TB