General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1989 Power Ram 250 oil leaking... well actually dripping...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 04:16 PM
SatanStealth
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Power Ram 250 oil leaking... well actually dripping...

Hey,

I recently bought an 89 Dodge Power Ram 250, um it's 4 wheel drive i put on a Jegs Air Cleaner assembly 4" with a drop... proform valve covers, accel truck super tune up kit(new plugs, wires and rotor cap) new jegs coil, and i just put on headers this morning and i took it for a drive and after i got back i was idling it and checking under the hood just checkin' for leaks and such and i notice on the ground that there's a puddle of something? so i back up and it's a puddle of oil.... uh oh... what could it be? when i had the manifolds on it after running it kinda hard i'd see a little smoke and smell oil burning.. wasn't too bad.. but now it's dripping out... i don't belive it's the valve cover gaskets becuase i replaced them with the new covers and used RTV... so i'm kinda cluesless what it could be hopfully it's not a crack in the head... well when i had the manifold on it was coming and accumalting on top and it's full of oil the starter adn everythign on that side of the motor... well any reply would help... thanks,

~Woody

Old 07-20-2006, 03:19 PM
buckw1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1989 Power Ram 250 oil leaking... well actually dripping...

I guess there is no chance you pinched the valve cover gasket or it moved out of place?...kinda easy to do on the older V8's.

Quick Reply: 1989 Power Ram 250 oil leaking... well actually dripping...