General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hazards...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hazards...

Ok I have a durango with both the factory alarm and an aftermarket alarm the previous owner had installed. I had to disconnect the aftermarket alarm a day after I bought it because it just decided it wanted to go off and I didn't have the patience to fix it. In the durango there is a multifunction flasher that controls both the blinkers and hazards. I only have blinkers (the person who installed the alarm rerouted some of my wiring for the alarm I guess) and the other day those went out so I found where the people that installed the alarm put a flasher and replaced it problem solved. My question is would they use a similar flasher and where do you think it would be located? It was flasher 552 or 522 I think? It has 2 prongs and is cylindrical in shape. Also would that particular flasher be able to hold up under a heavier load? I plan on having to tow my wife's car out to NV when we move from NY.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Default RE: Hazards...

Come on someones gotta know...

Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The flashers are usually located in the fuse panel inside the cabin. I have no idea where they'd be located if someone hacked up the wiring and installed an aftermarket alarm. Can you find out the alarm maker/model and go to their website and see if they have install instructions?

There are usually two multi-function flashers. One for the turn signals and one for the hazards.

552 is the heavy duty flasher. It's what I have in my truck. I've pulled a fully lit 18' car trailer multiple times with no issue.

Old 08-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Mean Green
Champion

It's propably not the 552 then this one said on the packege that it is good for up to 6 lights. I will dig around in my truck and see if I can find the alarm manufacturer. I think it is a ghetto rig though. My D is supposed to only have one flasher for both hazards and blinkers... I need to take some pics of this BS I had the damn flasher falling out from under the dash onto my left foot when driving. [:@]