General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AMSOIL HAPPY CUSTOMERS

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 03:58 PM
SyntheticsMan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMSOIL HAPPY CUSTOMERS

Here are only a few Happy Customers with AMSOIL

409,000 MILES ON OIL - 631,000 MILES ON TRUCK
Haywood "Woody" Gray of Colonial Heights, VA, owner/operator drove his 90' Mack 6 cylinder a total of 631,000 miles. After break in (30K), he installed AMSOIL 15W-40 synthetic oil in the engine, and installed AMSOIL depth by-pass filtration system. "Woody" changed his Mack filters every 20K miles, and his AMSOIL by-pass filters every 40K miles, and sampled the oil at every filter change. His first oil change with AMSOIL was at 222K miles, because his oil sample showed "fuel dilution" from a loose fuel injector. He ran the same oil from 222k miles to 631K miles w/o an oil change. His oil samples showed the oil to be in satisfactory condition and "good for continued use".
AMSOIL paid to have the engine torn down for inspection on 12/30/96 at the VA. Truck Center, Chester, VA. An independent engine "rater" described the wear to the parts with the word "traces". The engine had only needed one valve adjustment, and that was at 100K on a routine maintenance inspection, because the valves were still overtight from manufacture--the valves had to be loosened. The turbo was removed and checked for wear-none-put back in engine. The truck had the same u-joints, king pins and tie rods.

This is the second Mack "Woody " has run AMSOIL. His 84" V-8, ran 647K miles on 100K oil changes with similar results. Talk about savings!!!

RYDER TRUCK RENTAL:
After testing synthetics for 12 years, RYDER elected to install synthetics in transmissions and gear boxes of all 69,000 of its trucks After three years of use, RYDER extended drain intervals from 48,000 (depending on size of truck) to the life of the vehicle on light and medium duty trucks.

A 500,000 MILE DEMO WITH A PETERBILT:
Synthetics cost more to buy, true - but not in the long run. Charlie Smallwood switched engine oil, gear oil, transmission lube, and filtration to AMSOIL and saved over $16,000! With long drain and analysis, oil and filters cost about $1,500 less than petroleum.

A TORO GROUNDMASTER:
Midvale Gold Country Club is delighted with synthetics. They extend drain intervals three times petroleum, use 1/4 to 1/8 as much oil as previously, and save money overall with reduced down-time and longer engine life.

BOBBY UNSER SPEAKS OF AMSOIL:
I was running the Pikes Peak Hill Climb (in 1976) in a car equipped with a very special rear end that gave me an edge over the other guys. The rear end was fitted with some 1948 Ford parts which you just couldn't buy anymore. They were getting harder and harder to find, and here I was, destroying some of them in one practice day!

Well, I knew that had to stop soon, or I'd have to use a different rear end and probably lose my competitive edge. I called a friend who has a good engineering background and I told him I was looking for a gear lube with the best extreme pressure characteristics possible. His immediate answer was AMSOIL.

I called the company in Superior, WI and they put me in touch with a local dealer. Between working with the dealer and Al Amatuzio (CEO of AMSOIL), I learned some amazing things about AMSOIL.

I receive products from all over the world for testing and evaluation, but when I put AMSOIL in the rear end, I had never seen anything like it! I went from totally destroying the rear end in one day, to using the one through 3 days of practice, a day of qualifications, a day of racing and it was still good! Where I used to go through one rear end a day, now I used the same one the whole season and it was still like new! I was amazed then, and I still am now.

KANSAS FARMERS, FRANCIS & ROCK ORMISTON:
They have used AMSOIL in their fleet of tractors (four large 4-wheel drive John Deere tractors from 200 to 400 HP) and five smaller tractors (90 to 200 HP) for over 18 years. They change oil once a year. They stopped tracking savings years ago, but know it is at least 50 cents on the dollar over petroleum, not counting savings on downtime and extended equipment life. They say they could not afford to switch back to petroleum, even if it were given to them FREE.

ASHVILLE GOLF COURSE, NC:
They have found that not only is the AMSOIL 100:1 2-Cycle Engine Oil less expensive to use, but with it they have experienced improved performance and less maintenance in their golf carts.

DULUTH, MINNESOTA POLICE DEPARTMENT:
by using AMSOIL products in the police cruisers, documented a savings of 40% per mile.

PORT FILES GRAIN ELEVATOR, AUSTRALIA:
They found that the use of AMSOIL grease reduced bearing temperatures from "too hot to touch" to "rest your hand on it". The bearings that previously had to be replaced several times in ten years, are still in service after five years with AMSOIL.

WHAKAPAPA SKI FIELD, NEW ZEALAND:
There Kassbohrer Groomers with 6V Mercedes Benz diesel engines (from 170-240 HP) operate almost non-stop in subzero temperature. With AMSOIL 15W-40 Marine Oil, service intervals have been extended from 200 to 600 hours. They estimate a saving of $7,500 per season.

EDGSON'S PRODUCE OF YELLOW-KNIFE, CANADA:
A 1986 Ford Cabover CLT-9000 Truck, powered by a 400 HP 3406B six cylinder Caterpillar engine logged over 420,000 miles with two oil changes of AMSOIL 15W-40 Marine Engine Oil. Normal run is a round trip of 2,400 miles, where daytime temperatures often exceed -50dF, and the last 400 miles is rugged gravel terrain.

NEW YORK TAXI FLEET:
In a pilot program, they found that AMSOIL Engine Oil lasted 20 times longer than conventional oils. Engine teardown also showed reduced wear!

LANCASTER RENTALS:
They found they no longer have carbon build-up or spark plug fouling in their chainsaws after switching to AMSOIL 2-cycle Oil. A commercial cutter put 2500 hours on a saw with only one piston and cylinder change. A tree service cut their 15 saw maintenance budget from $3,000, to less than $1,000 per month, by using AMSOIL 2-cycle Oil.

BRISTOL MEYERS IN SYRACUSE:
Switching to synthetic lubricants caused a reduction in friction and reduced energy consumption of 5%. This resulted in a projected annual savings of $70,000.

GEAR LUBE IN POWER PLANTS:
A Co-op Power Association of North Dakota reported problems of high temperature and bearing wear until synthetic lubricants were installed. Result: "bearing failures were eliminated: oil change intervals were increased to six months from previous changes every three days."

POE EXCAVATING, INC., OHIO:
After they switched to AMSOIL products, they experienced smoother starting and operating, no tune ups, cooler operation, and extended equipment life, making it easier to get the job done and meet contract requirements, regardless of weather conditions. After 43 years in the excavating business, the owner laments "wish I could have started sooner (with AMSOIL)".

CARGILL SALT CO., NEW YORK:
Because they were able to extend drain periods in difficult places (conveyor belts in their mines) to once every five years, "the reduced labor costs offset by several times the higher costs of synthetic lubricants".

A GEAR MANUFACTURER, SAFE-GUARD POWER TECH:
They were able to increase the overall thermal rating of their worm gears by 9 to 15% with synthetic oil allowing their customers to use smaller, less expensive units. On farm tractors, the input rating of spur gear reducers increased 150% to 125 HP.

WEYERHAUSER CO.
They used synthetic grease on 8,000 electric motors and found bearing failures dropped from a typical 200 a year to only five!!! Re-greasing intervals were extended by two times for all motors but those in the m

Old 12-04-2003, 04:02 PM
SyntheticsMan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMSOIL HAPPY CUSTOMERS

Troy Michigan Police and City Hall Fleet: This letter is a summary of a letter written by the Superintendent of Motor Pool. Please contact us if you would like the full letter mailed or faxed to you.

The City of Troy, Michigan has switched its entire Police and City Hall Fleet (approximately 350 vehicles) to AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants.

History: In the past, all marked and unmarked police vehicles would come in monthly for an oil change, lube and safety check. As a test, we switched two marked Chevrolet Caprice vehicles over to 100% synthetic AMSOIL engine oil and extended the drain intervals to 20,000 miles, with a new oil filter installed at 10,000 miles. The vehicles were still scheduled to come in monthly for a safety inspection (tires, brakes, suspension, lights, etc...), but the oil is not drained, only a sample is taken. When the two test vehicles reached 70,000 miles, the City of Troy technicians removed the oil pans and also removed the main and rod bearings to check for wear using the plastic gauge test. The bearings showed very little wear. the same procedure was performed on two marked cars, same year, make and model, using petroleum oil. The wear on the two vehicles with petroleum oil, changed monthly at about 2,500-3,000 miles, showed slightly more wear in the plastic guage test. The results were well within specifications in both cases.

Currently the city is using all Ford Crown Victorias in its police fleet. With the help of oil analysis, we were able to extend our oil changes to 18,000-20,000 miles with a new filter installed at 9,000-10,000 miles. We are currently using AMSOIL synthetic engine, transmission, and rear differential oil in all vehicles serviced out of the city hall facility.

SAVINGS: Savings have been noticed due to the decrease in number of oil filters and quarts of oil purchased and disposed of . Labor time to complete a preventative maintenance (A or B) on a vehicle has been reduced, allowing up to 50% more vehicles to be serviced each day. To date, we have not had to re-build an engine or transmission with the new extended oil change intervals.

Interstate Battery System of Detroit, Inc.

This letter is a summary of a letter received from the President of Interstate Battery of Detroit. Please contact us if you would like the full letter mailed, faxed or e-mailed to you.

I am writing to let you know how pleased I am with the AMSOIL program that you helped set us up with. For the past 25 years our fleet of trucks, mostly Navistar/International 4600 Series trucks, have been using regular petroleum-base lubrication products. We thought that we were happy with our lubrication program until we were introduced to AMSOIL.

I was very reluctant to switch from regular lubricants to fully synthetic lubricants because the benefits of AMSOIL seemed too good to be true. To be honest, when I was told that the motor oil could go as long as 100,000+ miles without changing, I didn't believe it. I can tell you now I am a true believer.

We have been using AMSOIL now for about 4 years and have changed the entire fleet to AMSOIL synthetic lubricants. We use the By-Pass oil filtration system on all of our trucks with the Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel and Marine 15W-40 oil. We use AMSOIL grease and use the 75W-90 gear lube for the manual transmissions and differentials and the synthetic ATF transmission fluid for the automatics.

What do I get out of using AMSOIL? A lot!! After becoming fully synthetic on all of my trucks, I picked up an average of 5% in fuel savings. I haven't had to change my oil since I switched...4 years ago! I can't tell you how much money that has saved me in time alone. I have several trucks with over 100,000 miles on the oil and I am still getting high marks when I send the oil in for analysis But the best benefit is the decreased wear and tear on my equipment such as the pistons, cylinder heads and walls, transmission gears and differential gears. That is the most important to me because it means I can leverage my fleet longer, which translates into saved dollars. It means I can put those extra dollars to work in another area of my business. My average truck life has gone from 7 years to more than 15 years! UNBELIEVABLE! I have estimated the savings from better leverage alone will save me over $20,000 per year.

Thanks for all the help as I've implemented this new program. I am absolutely ecstatic about the results so far and I look forward to a long and fruitful partnership with you and AMSOIL.

Quick Reply: AMSOIL HAPPY CUSTOMERS