General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Power Wagon Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Jimmy1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Power Wagon Problem

I have a 2006 regular cab power wagon with 6speed man. I wasnt more then 5 miles out of the dealership (brand new) when the "service 4 wheel drive light" goes on , then the "axel lock light starts" flashing. To make a long story short. The dealership concludes its needs a "Actuator Locker" and the problem will be solved. Im now up to 4 days of my brand new truck at the dodge service. Im not more then 5 miles from it getting "fixed" and the lights start flashing again. Huge buzz kill. I have a broken new truck. Can anyone help me out ? Thanks Jimmy

Old 09-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Power Wagon Problem

Where do you live? Most states give you a lemon law warranty if the same thing happens 3 times in your warranty period then the dealership has to give you a new one or your $ back (I'm not sure on the $ back or not). Sorry to hear that and I hope you get this worked out quickly let us know how it goes for you.

Old 09-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Jimmy1
Amateur

Thanks keep ya posted

Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 AM
StarrFlight

My 2006 PW is in round two at the dealer for the same problem. The service 4x4 light comes on and the rear locker light flashes.

1st trip they replaced a torched bearing in the rear end and said that it was the metal shavings that caused the problem. The mechanic wanted to replace all the bearing but Dodge would not authorize so they only replaced the one bearing. One week later both front and rear lockers fail tolock inand the dealer has no idea why? My PW has been in the shop 4 out of the last 8 weeks.

Anyone else have similar problems?

I am just about ready to ask for a new truck but not sure of the lemon law. I am investigating now.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Kuurslight

Did you guys get yours fixed mine is in round 3 this is bull****. I love Dodge but they need to get this crap fixed its just going to do it a again down the road. I have to take it back in a week to replace some more parts that wont fix it. I think ill just trade it for a CTD.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Kuurslight

Not that anyones paying attention butI got mine fixed. Smoked a carrier bearing. Alls good now.

Quick Reply: 2006 Power Wagon Problem