General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

newbee with problems

Old 09-17-2006, 10:58 AM
85 mud slug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbee with problems

Hi, Guys! Im new and pretty much a mopar fan! I own a 1977 dodge Warlock that I have been in the process of restoring(which seems to be taking for ever)! I also have a 1984dodge w150 as a daily driver which is wore smack out but has 329,000 miles and is the best truck I have ever owned(20 years of ownership)!

Now for the problem I am having Ive got an 85 W150 with a 360 6 inch lift 33x122.50-15 tires that I bought wrecked! The old truck ran good when Ibought it! I bought it to mud race it ! It had a 4 barrel intake that was stock! I since have installed the Edelbrock performer intake set (cam-lifters-intake-carb 600cfm-headers-with dual 3inch stacks)! And it seemed to run pretty good but has a miss. installed new plugs (auto lite plat.) cap-rotor-ACCELL ignition coil! It seems to have a miss on both banks the left bank is on the second plug(#3 piston) it has fire! To me it seems like a vacum leak! On the heads there are two horse shoe shaped vents taht are not covered buy the new intake and if I spray starting fluid in them it makes a difference on the idle!

SORRY for the long post but am in desperate need for help got another race next weekend! Thanks in advance!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:50 AM
prowlertech01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbee with problems

sounds like you have the wrong intake gaskets or the wrong intake ..i believe these are egr portsthe gaskets mayhave slipped when intake manifold installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: newbee with problems