General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

trouble code p441

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
justing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble code p441

Looking for any help for finding out what is exactly wrong with my truck and how to fix it. It is a 2003 2500 dodge 5.7 liter hemi. The check engine light just came on, I rented a scan tool from oriellys and the trouble code p441 and "mil is on" came up. I see where code p441 is evaporative emmissions control system incorect purge flow, but I have no idea what this means and I cant seem to find anything on "mil is on" Any ideals what this means and how I can correct it? Any help is appreciated.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: trouble code p441

It's a problem with your EVAP emissions system. It could be as simple as a loose gas cap or broken vacuum line...or as serious as a bad solenoid or charcoal canister. I'm not familiar with the system the 3rd gens use though, so I can't say which it is for sure.

You can find a download link for a service manual for your truck here: https://dodgeforum.com/m_481986/tm.htm

You can use the info from it to check the lines on your truck for leaks/cracks. Good luck!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:46 AM
prowlertech01
Default RE: trouble code p441

have seen problems with cracked vapor cannisters and faulty fuel caps...recomend having the truck smoke tested to find the root cause though...

Quick Reply: trouble code p441