General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Restore Engine restorer

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:58 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Restore Engine restorer

Hey all

This is a first time in the "Tech" department and it's been a while since I've done a post in my usually forum the 3rd gen Dodge ram site.

I have a question that really relates to my 128,000 mile Geo Prizm (no Geo Prizm forum to be found) so I'm depending on my Mopar brothers for some help.

does Restore Engine restorer work?? I'm having a little blowby and losing some power too and I thought about using it in the Geo 1.6 4-cylinder but I don't want to "Gum-up" the works so to speak. Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks H-

Old 11-02-2006, 03:52 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Restore Engine restorer

In the Gen 1 Ram section (I believe...) some people were saying they had bad experiances with it.
I use CD2 (it comes in 3 "levels" so to say, a gray bottle, yellow bottle, and black bottle). Its usually available at most auto parts stores, and sometimes places like WalMart.
My grandpa uses the gray bottle on the engines of ours that smokes, and it helps a little.

Old 11-04-2006, 03:14 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Engine Restore did NOTHING in our Neons... i used to put it in our engines at the oil changes... did absolutly nothing except make the oil burning more extint... now i use the Rislin (wow i cant even remember the brand name lol) ring seal...it works very well....and we also use 20w-50...that helped out a lot.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:50 AM
06ChargerSXT
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would use Lucas Oil Stabilizer
Used ther prodect since 1997
Had nothing but Great Running cars
Also used there Transmission and
Power steering additives to.
http://www.lucasoil.com/products/index.sd
Look Here for mor details.

Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Now just an inside fact:

None of that crap is regulated by the Feds like the oil industries. They can put what ever they want into all of those so called additives but the fact remains, WHAT ARE THE MANUFACTURES PUTTING IN THAT CRAP?

You know I can put mineral oil or any other crap in my ride too, BUT, I wouldn't would you?

When those manufactures have guild lines to follow and report all finding to some entity with authority like State or Fed then maybe I'll start to use some of them![:'(]

Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would agree with the lucas oil stablizer. been using it since i can remember. their power steering fluid brought my dead nissan p/u powersteering pump back to life and with no squeeling!!

Quick Reply: Restore Engine restorer