General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Should I Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:24 AM
tm1119
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I Buy?

A guy i know is selling a 2Dr coupe 1993 Dodge Stealth that is in very good condition for only $1500. It has leather interior and the exterior has no problems at all. The only catch is that it has 125,000 miles. The guy is really into cars and i know he took very good care of the car. Even though its a great price and i really like the car, im a little worried about the amount of miles it has. I really need a reliable car and wont be able to afford any kind of major fixes. So should i purchase the car or is it not worth it for someone in my financial state.(im basicaly broke)

thanks for any replies

Old 11-16-2006, 11:05 AM
silvercoupe97
Uber Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I Buy?

Take it to a garage and have them check it. If it does have anything wrong with it, is there a lemon law where you live?
Milage isn't bad for a 93. Is it a Twin Turbo AWD model or is it a non turbo? Have you test drove it? If so, are there any odd noises? Drive with the windows rolled down and heater on full blast if you have to and drive where there are bldgs or houses. Sound weird? The bldgs and houses will reflect the sound back to you if the car is making any odd noises that you can't hear from where you sit.
I can hear my turbo spool when I do that