General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

High Reving No Movement

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 03:28 AM
milehighguy219
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Reving No Movement

Hello how are all you doing hope you are having a good holiday. I have a question about my wifes car. About a week ago it has been acting strange. It does not matter if the engine is warm or not. After the car is started it is put into reverse and everything seems to be fine. Then when it is put into Drive the gas petal is pushed down and the engine reved up for about 2-4 seconds then the car will jolt forward and drive off just fine. This has only been happening when the car comes to a complete stop or about 0-7 miles per hour. Could this possibly be water in the gas? I honestly hope this is not the transmission. Please if anyone has any insight on this please let me know thank you very much have a great day.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:47 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: High Reving No Movement

What vehicle (and year) does your wife drive?
Have you checked the transmission fluid level? Note: the proper way to check the transmission fluid level in these transmissions is with the transmission at operating temperature an in neutral, on a level surface, and the engine running. Warning: If the transmission needs to have fluid added to it, make sure you use only the proper type of fluid (most likely ATF+4).
When was the last time the transmission was serviced (to include the filter, which is not included with a transmission flush)? If you don't know, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to service it (most Chrysler transmission call for about a30,000 mile service intervail). Depending on what year/transmission is in the vehicle, there are also bands that can/should be adjusted.

Quick Reply: High Reving No Movement