General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine swap for tired Shadow

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:25 AM
tylerninja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap for tired Shadow

I currently own a 1992 dodge shadow, 2 door, standard, 2.2 litre 4 banger. I want to swap out the engine (mainly because the head gasket is going, and extremely high milage) with a 2.2 litre turbo engine from a 1991 lebaron. I was curious of what problems i might encounter, and mor specifically, if the engine from the lebaron(with auto tranny) will fit onto the manual tranny from my shadow. I also have the entire engine cradle from the lebaron, computer, wiring harnesses, & headers. Please help,I Want a better, badder, shadow to show up my friends and their little civics. Thanks.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:04 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Engine swap for tired Shadow

ORIGINAL: tylerninja

I currently own a 1992 dodge shadow, 2 door, standard, 2.2 litre 4 banger. I want to swap out the engine (mainly because the head gasket is going, and extremely high milage) with a 2.2 litre turbo engine from a 1991 lebaron. I was curious of what problems i might encounter, and mor specifically, if the engine from the lebaron(with auto tranny) will fit onto the manual tranny from my shadow. I also have the entire engine cradle from the lebaron, computer, wiring harnesses, & headers. Please help,I Want a better, badder, shadow to show up my friends and their little civics. Thanks.
The PCM is specific for turbo/non-turbo engines and automatic/manual transmission/transaxles. So, since you'd be swapping a turbo/automatic into a non-turbo/manual, you would have to find a turbo/manual PCM.
However, I'm pretty sure the transmission will bolt up.

Quick Reply: Engine swap for tired Shadow