General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

93 P body Shadow ~ no dome light no cargo light

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:02 PM
ByRider_Don
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 P body Shadow ~ no dome light no cargo light

Hi all.

I recently bought a 93 Shadow 5 door base model that was a trade in where I work. It has 108k on the ODO with a 2.2L auto. When I got it I saw that someone had put a new CAT on it, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I had to assume they were trying to fix the problem of it running pig rich and rough as a corn cob. A brand new O2 sensor and she straightened right out. It puzzled me because I wondered if they had any idea that a $45 part would have fixed there issue. I have to assume that the thing running pig rich because of the O2 being dead was why it now has a new CAT on her. Oh well...

Anyway she runs pretty good and I am fixing a few things on her so I can have a nice little commuter car. With out cold weather it is getting about 22 mpg city and as of last night 26.9 mpg highway. I think this is decent all things considered.

Now on to my issue. NO DOME L IGHT

OK, I checked the fuse, bulb, and bulb ground with my Power Probe III. I replaced the bad bulb in the cargo light and powered it up and it's OK but doesn't work with the door opening. The glove box however does work. I have determined that it is not getting power up to the dome lamp.

Now looking into that wiring diagram I see that after the fuse it meets a splice which feeds the glove box, dome, cargo, info center and something else I forget. Well I only have the 1st 3 since it is a base model. I suspect a bad splice but I do not have info where this splice is located. Also I need to know where the harness runs. Doe sit run up the A piller to the roof and headliner or up the B pillar or somewhere else?

Basically I am trying to avoid removing a bunch or trim pieces to find this harness so I can repair it and go on with my life.

Thanks, Don

Quick Reply: 93 P body Shadow ~ no dome light no cargo light