General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

dodge ram heater works only sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 AM
hwy63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge ram heater works only sometimes

My blower works only sometimes and when it does it only works in the deforst position. Tonight I gave blower a hit with my fist and it worked. All speeds seem to work when blower is working. Is this vacuum related, a bad connection, a relay, resistor or what? Any ideas as to where to look? Switch, blower or engine compartment?

Old 03-02-2007, 02:09 PM
hwy63
Default RE: dodge ram heater works only sometimes

This morning I went to start the truck and the battery was stone dead. I suspect I shorted something when I gave the blower a hit and it worked. Any ideas? I have the battery disconnected and charging. I pulled the 30A blower fuse and also the wire to the blower.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:37 AM
ezekiel
Default RE: dodge ram heater works only sometimes

It seems that no one replies to your post. I'm no mechanic nor expert in driving. And I've just changed my Mercedes heater core, with others' help. I'm not sure how this will relate but it's a heating problem too. Maybe you should consult a mechanic if you can afford or find someone who can help. You see, it's really less expensive if you have knowledge on this, at least... [&:]

Quick Reply: dodge ram heater works only sometimes