Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

redoing exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 05:57 PM
trackguy1211
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redoing exhaust

I have a 96 Ram 1500, 5.2L, single cab automatic, and back in May I put an 18" cherrybomb glasspack with dual 3.5" tips coming out the corner. It sounds real good, but now I want to make it louder. When I got this installed, I asked the guy for true duals, but he said that would be too hard to do because something about the catalytic converter. Now I'm thinking about putting some headers on there, taking the catalytic converters out (or should I just gut them?) and making it true dual. Since I already have the cherrybomb glasspack, would I have to put the same type of glasspack on the other side? Or could I put a 12" glasspack on there? Or I might just take the cherrybomb off and put 2 12" glasspacks on there. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:01 AM
OneBadKota
All Star
Default RE: redoing exhaust

I think what he meant with the true duals and the converter is the O2 sensor. All you'd have to do is drill a hole in one of the headers and put one in. Then you can run the duals. As for the glasspacks, I would assume to use two of the same kind because I'm sure they'd have different tones.. I've never used them, but never seen a car with two different ones.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:03 AM
1 bad durango
Professional
Default RE: redoing exhaust

as for the o2 sensor get rid of it and get a kat box or o2 sim less than $75 and it will keep the car from throwing a light,as for the exhaust go headers and a true 21/2 all the way back ,you will be a whole lot louder plus you will notice a big gain on the interstate both in hp and in mpg (if you stay out of it)

Quick Reply: redoing exhaust