Interior Modifications What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

99 Dodge Ram Infinity Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
dodgethis862
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Dodge Ram Infinity Sound System

I happen to have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie with the Infinity Sound System wondering if anyone has done anything with the same system of their own. My problem is rain water got in the right front speaker amplifier ruining it completely. My solutions are to get a new one from MOPAR for $211, get two additional rear speakers for the rear pocket doors(because I have two for the front already) and I was told that I would need to replace all speakers at once (also about $200 when installed and everything). OK so those are my options and I'm not happy with either being $200 or more each. If anyone has any suggestions or advise (such as I would only have to bypass the amps on the front and everything will be OK or some other better, cheap, news) it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I no longer have a factory stereo installed. That is what gave away the speaker being dead after I thought it was a blown channel.

Thanks for the assist!

To anyone without any problems in their infinity sound system take this advise. During the time I've spent with Mopar in getting options for this speaker we ran across a service bulletin reguarding water in the speaker amps. If you do have this system and don't yet have problems, get the recommended "weather shields" installed as without it you run the risk of destroying your amps.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 PM
proqual
Default RE: 99 Dodge Ram Infinity Sound System

I have removed the infinity system from my 03 quad cab. I think all components have been removed. I installed polk momo components in front doors, polk coaxial in back doors and 10" subs in a box under the rear seat. All run by 2 phoenix gold amps.

Bottom line is if you still need any parts let me know. I will not install the factory stereo back into the truck and do not need the system. PM me

Jeff

Old 01-26-2008, 03:28 PM
dodgethis862

So basically you went ahead and replaced everything huh? What I'm trying to figure out is what all would be mandatory to replace since the infinity speakers I have now are going to be amplified where as anything newly put in would not unless it is original equipment. I would like to go a replace everything and in the process get the weather guards in place since I seem to have had that problem once I'd like to get it taken care of once and for all.

So did anyone tell you that you would have to replace everything or you just decide that on your own?

Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 PM
proqual

the infinity system worked fine. I wanted to replace all the stereo system. I think I still have all the parts in a boxin the garage somewhere.

I wanted a head that would play all music file extensions which allows me to put about 500 songs on a CD. I can also connect a MP3 player,thumb drive up to a hard drive to the face of the head with a USB connection and have unlimited music.

The infinity system is the top of the line, however, I removed allfactory components.I wanted a high performance top of the line stereo system. The down side is the loss of the stereo controls in the steering wheel.

Jeff

Old 02-02-2008, 03:14 PM
dodgethis862

Yeah I sadly lost me steering wheel controls as well..... I never knew how much I'd miss them. Well to me it looks like you don't want the old stuff sitting around collecting dust which is great for me since I'm in need of a few of those items. What I'll need to know is what the speakers (the 6x9 from the front doors) look like and what the speaker harness looks like to see if I can match them up some how. If you are able to get a few good pictures I can provide an e-mail to send them to and if it all looks good I might be interested in aquiring at least one speaker.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:32 PM
fmxr47

hey, i had a problem with my door amp but it wasnt the weather, it was the fact that the head unit had an amp built in to it and it blew the infinity amp cause too much power, all i did, was disconect the amp and cross together some of the wires on the plug by stuffing wires in the plug., do you have a constant static sound coming from your speakers from the whole side, not just one speaker, that was my problem.

Quick Reply: 99 Dodge Ram Infinity Sound System