Interior Modifications What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

help redoing my interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Avox
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help redoing my interior

I have a few questions that if anyone could answer i would greatly appreciate.

(1)I want to take out the dash and pretty much every plastic part out of my truck and paint it a different color, what should i use that wont peel and keep its color?

(2) My truck is an automatic...but i have a aftermarket *** that i would like to put on the 4 wheel drive stick...i went to the dealership and they said it wasnt a screw off...it was a press on...does anyone know how to get it off?

(3)How i can change the colors of the light that are displayed on the dash?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:50 PM
nbstriker10
Professional
Default RE: help redoing my interior

1) at least 2 or 3 coats of desired color... then a few layers of clear coat to give it that nice finish. also the clear coat will act as a padding so if something is to scratch anything, it'll chip the clear coat before anything.

2) pull harder

3) there are some websites that sell overlays that will change the color. depending on what color you are looking for will determine where to shop. i had a website that had all different color combinations for gauges but i gotta find it. as for all the other lights, there is a way to get back there and almost "stain" the color overlay. usually it is just a light behind almost a stained glass. so you can try to paint it a different color or replace that existing one...

Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Avox
Rookie

alright thank you. I was able to get the *** finally off...and as for the dash...i took that all apart and couldnt i just replace the LED's in there or is it entirely with the plastic?

Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

(1)I want to take out the dash and pretty much every plastic part out of my truck and paint it a different color, what should i use that wont peel and keep its color?
Duplicolor/Dupont paint for plastics or vynil paint

(3)How i can change the colors of the light that are displayed on the dash?
Swap out the light bulbs after removing the instrument cluster. I don't know how hard it is, but on my Benz it was fairly easy to remove the cluster and change bulbs

Old 06-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Avox
Rookie

yea, thanks for the help. i took my dash apart and was able to change out the bulbs. It was really easy, had the dash out in about 20 mins. It was pretty easy. I guess in the older cars the dash came out in more than one cluster and was just way hard to do. Sorry but i have one more question. Would it be better to use that paint or should i just go get it powder coated?

Quick Reply: help redoing my interior