Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Hard starting after sitting overnight

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
pcman
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

#1 Cummins Fan, I did not have a chance to check the injectors this weekend. However, today after class the neon sit for about 4 hours and when I went to start it, it was hard to start. I cut the swich off and noticed I had the HVAC fan on speed 2 so I cut it off and then tried to restart and it started fine. So that made me think maybe a battery on the verge of death or alternator going out? Any thoughts? Or maybe just the luck of the draw?

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
#1 cummins fan

Does it seem to just not want to idle?Very well could be the battery,I've seen them cause some crazy problems,enough amperage to start,not enough volts to run.I cant find any specs on accepted fuel pressure drop after sitting,but there will be some pressure loss.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
pcman
Amateur

#1 Cummins Fan, I pulled the injectors and turned the key on to "prime" the system and one of the injectors would drip a little drop every so often. When I pulled the injectors all of them had fuel that I could feel on their tips. I am going to put the fuel rail that has the fuel pressure test port on and check pressure, also I am going to take the battery out and let Autozone check it. But before I order new injectors I will wait for a response from you, any type or reccomendations? Autozone has some just like it currently has for like $50 each.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
#1 cummins fan

Assuming you have 2.0 liter engine,the injectors are are only $39.20 from Mopar.Which is the way I would go.The fuel rail with the test port will be nice.It'll sure help with diagnostics if/when you need it.

Quick Reply: Hard starting after sitting overnight