Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

Jeep Commander opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:27 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Commander opinions

My Fiance and I went and test drove a Commander with the 5.7. It seemed like a nice vehicle and I was just wondering what the going rate was for a used one. The one we drove was a 2006 limited with 40,000 miles. It was in mint condition and had dark brown leather.

Thanks for any information.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Personally, I like 'em, but not as much as the old Grand Waggoneers. You should be able to get it for a steal, Chrylser has already discontinued it as part of it's cutting costs.
Shoulda kept it and got rid of the Dodge vehicles with Jeep stickers, the Liberty, Patriot and Compass!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 AM
JoeV10
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own an 06 Limited with the Hemi. It is an awesome vehicle. It will go anywhere and its comfortable. I only have two complaints on mine and that is the gas mileage isn't great (12/17) but i have a heavy foot and it is next to impossible to see out of the back window with the 3rd row up. They are going up in value quite alot. I bought mine with 21k on the clock and paid 17,000 for it. The only option it doesn't have is Navi. The Limiteds seem to be going for around 21k right now.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:39 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate the looks of the commander, but I drove one and was surprised to find that I liked the commander, the one I test drove had the 4.7 and it was ok, but for the size of the suv the 5.7 is the only way to go.

The commander drives so much like a dodge ram, size wise, the front cabin is allmost identical to a Dodge Ram. as mentioned the patriot, liberty, are the models that should have been chopped.

I'm not seeing used commanders priced with the times, as a up scale rig, they appear still be up scaled used SUV's, I would bet buying one new would provied more of a bargin.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:24 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not really into the Commander......The Cherokee would be nice though. But my next one will be the Ram.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Curiusgeorge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish they'd bring back the Cherokee. My 2001 Cherokee Sport is one of the best cars I've ever owned, and boy does it get around in snow.

Quick Reply: Jeep Commander opinions