Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

1994 Grand Cherokee Lerado

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Ncrdbl1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Grand Cherokee Lerado

Major headache. Driving down road and it began to sputter as if it was running out of gas. It then cleared up and drove on. Pulled in driveway it began to sputter again and died. Won't restart. Replaced fuel pump 6 months ago and am getting fuel. Doesn't seem to be firing.

A month earlier was jumping off a car and the cables got crossed. When turned the key it killed the Jeep and battery. Recharged battery it cranked and ran fine for a month, even went out of town with no problems. Only problem was battery going dead if i did not drive it for a couple days. Mostly likely security system draining battery.

Had several people check it and none can find problem. And it doesn't seem to be firing. But when it died it didn't sound as if it was a firing problem, no back fire or post ignition problem.

Am disabled and very limited finances. Help.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:13 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

What's the odds you got bad gas?

Old 03-12-2011, 09:12 AM
squoushie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i don't know if this is it, but i had a similar problem with my 94 with the 4.0 eng, and it turned out to be a bad crank sensor which is located on the top of the transmisission bell housing

Quick Reply: 1994 Grand Cherokee Lerado