Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

05 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:21 AM
Overland1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

Thanks for the compliments everybody

UPDATE: we are at 11000 miles with out a single problem.. it is still running strong(as strong as the 3.7 can run). it is such a great SUV.
Don't sell the 3.7 V-6 short..... it has been around for a while and many owners have put a lot of miles on them without any problems. While it may not have the raw power of a V-8, it should pull a reasonable load (people and/or stuff) without any problem.

A lot of Jeep enthusiasts mourned the loss of the 4.0 I-6, but that engine simply could not be continued because of emissions regulations. Reworking it to meet the newest specs and regs would cost millions and probably would be an exercise in futility.

Tomorrow morning, I will be spending some time at the Jeep dealership and will have to fend off the temptation to drive one of the WK's. My 2002 WJ, which has been without problems until now, will be getting repairs of the driver's side seat heater and driver's side power window - both on extended warranty. I know the service manager (a true motorhead in his own right) will likely hand me the keys to a Hemi [sm=badidea.gif]. While I am not ready to trade up, the temptation remains.

Old 12-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Overland1
Amateur

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

Thanks for the compliments everybody

UPDATE: we are at 11000 miles with out a single problem.. it is still running strong(as strong as the 3.7 can run). it is such a great SUV.
Wow! That is as much mileage per month as we put on our Jeeps, but that is what we buy them for (I guess).

We got back from the dealer late last evening after starting the paperwork and leaving deposits on a couple of new Jeeps. Each of ours was at that "magic" mileage, at which if you do not keep a vehicle forever, then it is best to trade up while its trade-in value remains relatively high. My wife is getting a black one, and I am going with a(nother) silver one. Both are equipped better than the Overland I am trading in, and the jump from her I-6 to a Hemi (Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!) will be a major change for her.

Pictures will be available after we pick them up next week.

Old 03-26-2005, 07:20 AM
shiftyeyes

great jeep, nice to see that Jeep have finally put rear aircon outlets in, by the look of it u got the 2WD, in Australia we only get the 4WD option, its almost mid 2005 and us Aussies are still on the WG(2005 WJ renamed for Australia), can u believe it

Quick Reply: 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee