K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

1983 Dodge 400 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:00 PM
'83 Dodge Convertible Girl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 Dodge 400 Convertible

I'm so sad Someone ran into the passenger side of my car. Our body shop can not find a passenger door & passenger side right rear quarter panel to repair it. I am afraid that this woman's insurance company will try to total my car. I am trying real hard to keep my car that has been in our family for years. Does anyone know where I may find these parts? Thanks for any help.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

Try giving a dealer a call....YES I said dealer you'd be surprised what they might have collecting dusting in their attics, one of our members here named Parts/Service is awsome he a Dodge parts manager he found me fenders sitting collecting dust for my 87 Aries in a dealers stock. Another thing to try is doing a search on western US junkyards. I will also look for a site someone sent me thats a directory of yards all over the US.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Even if they do try to total it, which sounds very likely, make sure you tell them YOU want to keep the car- they'll give you whatever they value it at less the salvage value, plus you can keep the car. It probably won't be much $$$, but you will at least be able to retain it while searching for parts. Check out Hemmings for some parts sources also- they are many salvage yards listed in there, and chances are one of them may have the parts you need. Most dealers are tied into a parts locating network also, so you might get lucky trying Rare Aries' advice. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1983 Dodge 400 Convertible