K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

88 Aries Wagon - What to do with it

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:52 PM
dfraser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 88 Aries Wagon - What to do with it

My baby is an 88 Aries wagon and it runs quite well.The engine was rebuilt in 2003 and the transmission in 2007. I have been driving it as my daughter has been going to expensive colleges and I gave her the newer car for grad school. However, now that she has won a scholarship for her doctorate I can look at a new Caliber.

I bought it in 1993 and the car has never been too far away from the West Coast. It has been in Southern California since 2001. It has had only Mobil One sine the engine as rebuilt and the head gasket is barely two years old. It was originally bought in Canada and has a speedometer in Km. The car has 310,000 Km on the clock, but only 15,000 Km since the transmission was rebuilt.

So I am wondering what to do with an Aries that runs well though the paint is all faded and peeling. There is no rust perforation. I have done so much to this car over the years, both myself and through taking care of stuff as it is needed, I don't want to just scrap it and if I keep it, I am afraid I will put too much money into it again, the next time something happens to it. Specially since I can afford a new car right now.

If there is a K-Car enthusiast out there who would like it for what it is, old enough to buy liquor on its own, I'd sell it for next to nothing. Chrysler manuals included. The car is currently in Costa Mesa CA.

Dan 714-420-7435
dmfraser@sbcglobal.net

Quick Reply: 88 Aries Wagon - What to do with it