K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

1993 Lebaron drop-top won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Lebaron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Lebaron drop-top won't start

One day I was driving, got out for 5 minutes and tried to start it and it ran for 5 seconds, and now it won't start. It's getting fuel (can smell it in the exhaust), just changed the fuel filter, has spark (checked plug), airfilter was done quite somewhat recently and is clean. Any ideas on what it could be? Checked all fuses and relays, all good. No CEL's either. Any help is good.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Lebaron

And it's a 3.0, auto.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

I am puzzled by the spark and raw fuel smell out the tailpipe. Remove the oil cap if you can see the rockers, if you can, have someone crank the engine and see if the rockers move, if they don't your timing belt is probably broken.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Lebaron

checked the timing belt its fine. I put some gas in the intake and it fired up for a couple of seconds and then died. HELP!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
rare aries
Keeper of the Ks

Check your fuel pressure at the pump outlet and at the TBI. I've seen this problem twice at the shop, fuel was getting to the TBI but it wasn't enough to run the engine, it was getting starved for fuel.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Lebaron

Today, i took of the gas line and got someone to turn the key just enough for the pump to engage and some gas shot out. Then with the gas line still off they turned the engine over and it fired then died. Tried to turn it just enough for the pump to prime again and no gas came out.

I dont have anything to test the pressure or I would. I really don't want to change the fuel pump so I hope its not that.

Quick Reply: 1993 Lebaron drop-top won't start