K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

Input on a 1993 Imperial

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 06:35 PM
2 Dodge Vans
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on a 1993 Imperial

I'm looking at a 1993 Imperial, I need a better daily driver as my 1993 Dodge Caravan is pretty worn out and is better kept for local trips.

Is the 3.8 a good engine that year ? The fuel economy I wonder about.

The transmission has a fresh rebuild.

Anything else on these cars ? I'm not savvy on them but I thought this would make an idea budget sedan.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:22 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Dodge Vans
I'm looking at a 1993 Imperial, I need a better daily driver as my 1993 Dodge Caravan is pretty worn out and is better kept for local trips.

Is the 3.8 a good engine that year ? The fuel economy I wonder about.

The transmission has a fresh rebuild.

Anything else on these cars ? I'm not savvy on them but I thought this would make an idea budget sedan.
Wanna sell the van?

The 3.8s are pretty hardy, and can handle some abuse/lack of maintenance. Can't say much for economy, but our 3.3L van averages 24-25mpg, my 3.0 car averages 32mpg, so I would guess it should land somewhere in the middle.

They are cheap to fix and maintain if you have some mechanical knowledge (assuming you do), are generally super reliable, offer a decent ride, what's not to love?

Old 09-29-2015, 10:18 AM
2 Dodge Vans
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokesxt
Wanna sell the van?

The 3.8s are pretty hardy, and can handle some abuse/lack of maintenance. Can't say much for economy, but our 3.3L van averages 24-25mpg, my 3.0 car averages 32mpg, so I would guess it should land somewhere in the middle.

They are cheap to fix and maintain if you have some mechanical knowledge (assuming you do), are generally super reliable, offer a decent ride, what's not to love?
Appreciate the input, I ended up passing on the car. The seller claimed all this expensive work was done (including the transmission that had like 20 miles on it) yet had no receipts. He took it on a trade so I think he was FOS

Quick Reply: Input on a 1993 Imperial