K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

New Here Need some advise (LONG) thanx 91 Shadow ES

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 05:17 AM
beanamid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here Need some advise (LONG) thanx 91 Shadow ES

My story:
I purchased a 91 Shadow ES Convertable 2.5 from a lady I work with for $450, it has never been maintained in 5 years.
It has some problems, I have replaced the Brake booster & all Brakes. Plugs, Wires, cap & rotor. I blew out the Throttle body with carb cleaner (it was Jet Black) oil change, new muffler (stock) and A new o2 sensor, the car now pulls no codes and runs good but just before I swaped the o2 sensor the car would be holding 65-70mph and just loose throttle response I would have to goose it and it would go, strange. could the o2 sensor have caused that. it idles a little rough, and misses a tiny bit.

I still have to paint it replace the top and get the window motors working, but I wanted to ask if there is anything else you would recommend doing that I might be missing, I changed all the fluids and want to get this thing nice again, I know this car was never driven over 45mph because the booster was bad and the car would loose power badly at that point, the rotor and points were nothing but black nubbs before I changed it, I am supprised I got home with out it dieing.

I can post some photos if you want to see the most Abused car I have seen in a long time, I feel bad for it!!!

Thanks for the help.

Also any cheap performance tips would be great!

-Paul

Old 07-30-2006, 06:55 PM
koqui
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Here Need some advise (LONG) thanx 91 Shadow ES

Check for cracked/broken/unplugged vaccum hoses.

Quick Reply: New Here Need some advise (LONG) thanx 91 Shadow ES