DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   Members Rides (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members-rides-136/)
-   -   '09 Brilliant Black Charger R/T - R Package (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members-rides/193105-09-brilliant-black-charger-r-t-r-package.html)

KRZY.BMET 03-13-2009 09:02 AM

'09 Brilliant Black Charger R/T - R Package

7 Attachment(s)
6/5/2009: Maganflow catback stainless exhaust and JBA silver powder coated headers installed.

All standard options with the R Package. Basically every option that Dodge offers on the Charger is here minus the 6.1L engine. It has the beefed up sport suspension, better breaks (not the SRT brakes though), and the better exhaust

This summer is going to be life changing for this car. I have a few ideas. I am not going to go into details, but some of you might know from a handful a threads I have started elsewhere.

Right now, the only thing that I have done to her, is Tint the windows and change to synthetic oil. I am going to have the mufflers replaced in April sometime and still trying to decide if I am going to keep the resos on.

Attachment 109604

Attachment 109605

Attachment 109606

Attachment 109607

Attachment 109608

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...Pics/wheel.jpg

Attachment 109609

Sporting the Steelers Fuzzy Dice... :D

Attachment 109610

shawngrace5 03-13-2009 10:34 AM

WOW.........you dont even need mods.

That car is beautiful. tint the windows and exterior needs nothing.

big.bryant 03-13-2009 04:08 PM

thats hot dude...

Altair 03-13-2009 05:54 PM

Looks great man, what do you have planned for it?

Midnight SRT 03-13-2009 06:56 PM

Excellent choice, man. ;)

Parts/Service 03-13-2009 08:33 PM

Sweet Ride....

KRZY.BMET 03-13-2009 09:04 PM

Upcoming features:

Tint Lady scheduled to be here Monday morning. New pics on that next week.

Definitely going to do the exhaust, CAI, and change out the hood with a functional SRT-8 hood. Just don't know if I am going to go carbon fiber or fiberglass painted to match.

After that I don't know. Need to do some reading to see if there is anything else I want to do. Thinking about a DVD system with monitors in the head rests, The headrests look a little small though, so I have to look into that as well.

Midnight SRT 03-13-2009 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by L and R Two (Post 1586982)
Upcoming features:

Tint Lady scheduled to be here Monday morning. New pics on that next week.

Definitely going to do the exhaust, CAI, and change out the hood with a functional SRT-8 hood. Just don't know if I am going to go carbon fiber or fiberglass painted to match.

After that I don't know. Need to do some reading to see if there is anything else I want to do. Thinking about a DVD system with monitors in the head rests, The headrests look a little small though, so I have to look into that as well.

Sounds like a plan. :D

big.bryant 03-14-2009 12:12 AM

damn, i am loving all these ideas! can't wait, and how dark are you going with the tint? thinking about murdering it out or are you keeping the wheels chrome?

Midnight SRT 03-14-2009 02:57 AM

Those chrome wheels are beautiful. Don't change those...

KRZY.BMET 03-14-2009 06:18 AM

The wheels will be around for awhile. I like them myself. I saw a couple of blacked out chargers at the dealer ship. 1 had flat black rims and the other a more glossy set up. I did not like either. Then one rolled in that had the chrome outter with the black accents in the spoked area. That I liked. So IF the rims get changed, that is what I would do.

As far as how dark the tint is going to go. It will be illegal set but not limo dark. Haven't figured that out yet. I still have 48 hours to think about how dark I want to go. I am spending the money and getting the heat reflective tint though. Same stuff I have on the Ram. Windows don't get hot.

CSCustomCars 03-14-2009 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight (Post 1587409)
Those chrome wheels are beautiful. Don't change those...

x2

Just change out the Eagle RSA's for nice Nitto's 555 or BF Goodrich tires or whatever you prefer.

I like the hood idea too. I say keep it black, but I like carbon fiber too so that is a tough decision.

Deff a good choice, and a really really really nice car.

big.bryant 03-14-2009 08:47 PM

Ya L and R, i agree with you that the "black w/ chrome lip" wheels look baller... if i get some on my truck, they will be that style

Midnight SRT 03-14-2009 09:14 PM

You did not just say something looks "baller"... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

big.bryant 03-14-2009 09:15 PM

LOL, ya i did :D... baller= cool :D

KRZY.BMET 03-15-2009 08:15 AM

I thought baller meant you had money and power. Guess I need to get out to the clubs and get my urban/teen dictionary updated.

aim4squirrels 03-15-2009 10:57 AM

'tis most baller status, good chap!

big.bryant 03-15-2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by L and R Two (Post 1588474)
I thought baller meant you had money and power. Guess I need to get out to the clubs and get my urban/teen dictionary updated.

kinda a little bit of both, having money and status (usually) = cool...

regardless it will look good. :D

Midnight SRT 03-15-2009 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by aim4squirrels (Post 1588578)
'tis most baller status, good chap!

lmfao... jolly good one govna

lxman1 03-16-2009 01:33 AM

A Magnaflow cat-back I hope?

Sweet ride, just hard to keep clean. I had a black truck before my Orange one. It showed every speck of dust, but was beautiful when clean!!

KRZY.BMET 03-16-2009 07:35 AM

UPDATE:

Wife hates the rims. Says I have to change them. She said "They look cheap being on that car. You need nicer ones."

Should I argue?

lxman1 03-16-2009 01:13 PM

You should give her a big kiss for allowing money to be spent on goodies like that.

I do like the stock ones, though.

KRZY.BMET 03-16-2009 03:23 PM

Yeah, I like the stock ones too. I told her I will change them out this summer.

New update:

Windows tinted today and full functional carbon fiber hood ordered today as well.

Now I have to get a CAI for the hood.

BadStratRT 03-16-2009 07:39 PM

what hood did you get?

also, i wouldnt waste any money on nitto tires.

KRZY.BMET 03-16-2009 10:09 PM

Ordered a VIS Racing hood. It has a carbon fiber top with a fiberglass lower skeleton for support. States that it is 20% lighter than the stock hood. Whatever that works out to be.

As far a nitto's, I won't be changing to those anyway. I'll wait until I run the stock tires down a bit. I have other places I want to put my money first.

ericemery 03-20-2009 10:17 AM

are you going to have enough balls to paint carbon fiber? Or do you plan on leaving it CF?

I wouldnt have the balls to paint it. lol

Midnight SRT 03-20-2009 11:08 AM

Good choice: http://www.fasthemis.com/browseprodu...iber-Hood.html

Frenchy 03-20-2009 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If it were me getting that hood, I would paint it, but leave one section not painted...

And what I would do there, is kinda like, have someone put the word "HEMI" or "R/T" in vinyl on the hood, paint it to match, then peel the vinyl off...

Give it a ghost kind of look...

Kinda something like this, if it makes sense...

Attachment 109201

KRZY.BMET 03-20-2009 02:05 PM

No it is not going to get painted. I love the carbon fiber look and I might get a rear fin to match somewhere down the road.

The only thing that I am wondering is if I need hood pins for it. It does say that it uses all stock parts/hinges/locks so I am hoping it doesn't. I really don't like the look of hood pins.

As far as graphics, there will be none on this car. I plan on removing all badges except the R/T in the front grill and maybe the R/T in the back. Don't want people thinking or saying that I bought an R/T and disguised it as a SRT-8. I like the clean sleek look.

and that is the same exact hood that I ordered, but I paid half that for it. Yes it is new and yes it is full functional to the air box.

KRZY.BMET 03-20-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by L and R Two (Post 1596359)
I plan on removing all badges except the R/T in the front grill and maybe the R/T in the back. Don't want people thinking or saying that I bought an R/T and disguised it as a SRT-8.

Just as Chase put it in another thread, I don't want to be called a poser... :D

Frenchy 03-20-2009 02:11 PM

ewwwwwwwwww... carbon fiber unpainted looks tacky...

Oh well though... it'll look hella sick on there!

big.bryant 03-20-2009 05:19 PM

its gonna look legit dude...

Midnight SRT 03-20-2009 05:26 PM

7. Legit http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=legit

this word was obviously a short form of "legitimate" but it no longer holds the same meaning as legitimate, since it has become very popular to use the word legit to mean something "cool", which really has nothing to do with the word legitimate and therefore we should stop saying it.

"wow kelly's shoes are legit"
:d :d :d

big.bryant 03-20-2009 05:58 PM

hater :D

BadStratRT 03-23-2009 11:53 AM

i dont agree...carbon fiber shouldnt be painted...it comes finished.

KRZY.BMET 03-24-2009 06:21 PM

Carbon Fiber hood is out. VIS told me it was a functional hood to the intake box.

WRONG!!!!!

This hood had a huge opening for the vent, larger than the stock SRT opening. It had no screen/vent/stopper or anything in place. Just a huge opening. Also there was no directional path for the flow of air to the stock intake box. It was wide open with nothing. Basically if I would have put this on my car, the first rain would have most likely destroyed my engine bay.

So needless to say, I refused the hood. Looked into buying an unpainted fiberglass. Checked into paint jobs in the area. HOLY CRAP!!!! Brilliant Black is not a paint friendly metallic color. 1 place wouldn't touch it. 2 other places said it would be around $1500 to paint the hood then blend it with the car.

So the hood is on hold for now. Spent to much money lately. So I am going to get my money back minus the shipping and get my exhaust. I'm just going to throw a drop in filter for now and open up the bottom for better flow.

I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER TODAY!!!! :(

Midnight SRT 03-24-2009 07:08 PM

Ouch, that sucks.

BadStratRT 03-25-2009 12:17 PM

i have "dump scoops" on the mirada and demon, and if you could show me how the "functional" air intake works, i might be able to give you some advice should you go to the CF hood in the future...but as someone who has dealt with avoiding rain for that very reason for 15 years now, there is really no way around it...ive only gotten caught in the rain with the demon once, and the engine bay was a filthy mess...

KRZY.BMET 06-05-2009 09:31 AM

Well the mods are finally starting. Dropped off the car last night to the shop to have a Magnaflow catback installed and JBA headers installed.

They wanted it last night so they could start first thing in the AM with it being cold. I hope they get it done today. :)

Hear is the link for the Magnaflow system that I am getting put on.
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=2288

The JBA headers are powder coated silver. I am going to try and get pics of it completed, but the headers look like they are pretty much hidden. At least that is what I think from looking under the car when it was put up on the lift.

I can't wait.....

Time to strat shopping for a SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!!

EDIT:
Everything is installed and I love it. Not to loud at cruising speeds, the MDS is not mind numbing, and the tips are alot better looking than I thought.. :)

1969CoronetR/T 08-07-2009 12:55 PM

L and R Two, check out this site:

http://www.inertiamotorsports.com/inertia.html