Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

2001 Pearl White Dodge Stratus Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 06:53 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick777
Hey I have an 02 Stratus Coupe SE 4cyl, do you know what the part number is for the Eibach Sportline Springs you used? I was trying to find some that would fit my car but the website said that the Eibachs were made for the 6cyl coupe. Did you have to do any modifications to make them fit your car? Thanks.
Well, Im a few months late, but the Manufacturers part number is 4.3560. Tire rack.com has them for $220. Search under Mitsubishi Eclipse of your rear, and trim "GS"

Old 10-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Beverly Stayart
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing the great pics.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:29 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

There was a decent size 3rd gen Eclipse meet at the Dragon, so with the Stratus Coupe being a twin, a few of us decided to tag along. This is a 45 minute drive for me, so it was in my neck of the woods. One member drove all the way from California for this meet, while most came from Texas and the Great Lake Region.

Name:  Day2038.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  161.8 KB

Name:  Day2083.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  159.4 KB

Name:  Day2021.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  214.6 KB
Name:  Day2058.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  178.4 KB
Name:  MTOD10092.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  66.7 KB
Name:  MTOD10089.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  78.9 KB
Name:  MTOD10027.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  188.2 KB
Name:  6.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  47.8 KB
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  56.3 KB
Name:  7.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  60.7 KB

Old 05-21-2012, 05:49 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Ive been giving the Stratus Coupe some love here lately. Replaced the valve cover seals, spark plugs and wires not long ago, while the valve cover was off I powder coated it semi gloss black just to clean it up, put some new tires on as well as doing an HID retrofit with bi-xenon projectors. On the to do list is rebuilding the calipers (slight leak) and while they are off I plan on powdercoating them as well.
Headlights:
Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  2012-05-20_19-40-26_942.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  57.9 KB
Name:  2012-05-20_19-41-09_40.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  45.1 KB

Car runs great still, at 133,000 miles.

Old 08-06-2020, 10:09 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

After trading in my 01 Stratus Coupe in 2015, 4.5 years ago, I ran across it on facebook for sale. Needs a ton of work now, but its back in my possession. Motor and transmission are out already. Engine bay will be scrubbed and painted black.

Transmission (manual gearbox) is getting new bearings and thorough cleaning
Motor is getting a deep clean, new gaskets, seals and timing belt. Any wear / maintenance items are getting replaced.
Also being replaced:
Clutch with flywheel resurface
Struts
A-arms/ball joints
Brake caliper rebuild and re-powdercoating all around
Tie Rod ends
Sway bar endlinks
Wheel bearings
Fender liners
Chrome wheels are peeling, so those will get blasted and powdercoated black most likely.Once thats all done, time for body work. Needs a driver headlight, driver front fender, various spots fixed around the car, and fresh paint. Thinking about going with Dodge Destroyer Gray

.A few of the many photos taken so far. Interior was the first order of business. It was gutted, steam cleaned, pressure washed, vacuumed, you name it. Previous owner was a heavy smoker so the headliner was replaced as well. Seats will need redone eventually.

Last edited by pearl01stratcpe; 08-06-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:31 PM
Ray Bell
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A great project for you to have, congratulations on your repurchase!

I'm guessing that's the same chassis as the Australian 'Magna' model, which came with either the 2.6 four or V6s in a couple of sizes, out to 3.5-litres?

My cousin has one which is all wheel drive too. 3.5 V6 originally and he's converted it to manual transmission (I guess they only came in automatic because he had to have castings made) and he's put the 3.8 motor in but bored it to 4.1 just to make sure the ports weren't too big for the engine.

He does a lot of work on these V6s for people with them in Pajeros and to get the power and torque he actually closes in the inlet ports to speed up the flow.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:41 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Originally Posted by Ray Bell
A great project for you to have, congratulations on your repurchase!

I'm guessing that's the same chassis as the Australian 'Magna' model, which came with either the 2.6 four or V6s in a couple of sizes, out to 3.5-litres?

My cousin has one which is all wheel drive too. 3.5 V6 originally and he's converted it to manual transmission (I guess they only came in automatic because he had to have castings made) and he's put the 3.8 motor in but bored it to 4.1 just to make sure the ports weren't too big for the engine.

He does a lot of work on these V6s for people with them in Pajeros and to get the power and torque he actually closes in the inlet ports to speed up the flow.
This particular model shares the same platform as the 2000- 2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Was assembled in Normal, IL. Mechanical parts arent too hard to come by, but body parts are getting more scarce since they only had a two year run nearly twenty years ago.

Old 01-12-2021, 12:13 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Car is essentially done for now. Rebuilt motor and transmission, along with refreshened interior. Body work to come eventually.

Powdercoated:
Wheels
Calipers
Valve cover
Intake pipe
Various other pieces

New (used) main carpet
New Headliner
2.5G Door Panels
Eclipse double din conversion
General GMAX AS-05 tires

Much more I'm forgetting.

Old 03-10-2021, 09:45 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

One of my most desired modifications even back when I owed this the first time has been completed. Big brake kit. The stock rotors and calipers are way undersized in my opinion.

Powder coated Illusion Red

New caliper on old rotor for size comparison.

Old 08-12-2021, 01:50 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star

Its been just over a year since I got the Stratus back. 5.5 years ago I moved from TN to NC, and evidently had a complete set of seats in a warehouse at my former workplace. They were cleaning out the building and a former coworker asked if the seats were mine, and for $100 they were shipped on a truck to me. Much better condition than the current ones, and pretty decent shape for being 20 years old. A deep scrub and conditioning with Lexol and they were swapped out.

Comparison of when I bought the car VS now

"New" interior - Carpet, headliner, all seats, steering wheel, shift ****, 03+ door panels and Eclipse double din installed. Dash is cracked but I can live with it. Not the worst out there.

Now its time for a little boost in power. Not looking to break records, but need a little bit more out of the gas pedal. Still gathering parts, but I have a G4JS head with the lettering milled down on the valve cover (The bold lettering looks cheesy to me), EVO cams, springs and retainers, fuel rail and EVO intake manifold for now. Hoping to have the head built over the winter, and have it prepped for forced induction. Im not sure if ill install it and tune for NA and gather turbo stuff after or just wait and do it all at once.
The head and all parts were pulled from a Sonata at LKQ. After using my 20% coupon it was like $60. Cant beat that.

Quick Reply: 2001 Pearl White Dodge Stratus Coupe