Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

2008 Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 AM
MrCrash
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dakota

I just thought I'd throw up a few pictures of my truck, even though they aren't recent. Since the pictures were taken, I've added rear blocks, a shorty antenna, and replaced the tailpipe with a stainless mandrel bent pipe.

Name:  IMG_0756.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  181.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0720.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  73.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0730-1.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  179.0 KB

it currently has:
Cherry Bomb Pro 3" side-exit exhaust
Air Ram Power Wire
True Flow Air Filter
2" leveling kit & 2" blocks
P275/65/18 Firestone Destination A/Ts
14" chrome antenna
Silverstar headlight and foglight bulbs
LED reverse lights

It will be getting a Superchips 3950 Cortex tuner soon, along with a CAI, and maybe some shiny bits to dress up the outside.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
thecause17
Veteran

Nice

Do you think the power wire will interfere with your Superchips when you get it? Why the Cortex over the Flashpaq?

I was looking at buying a new '09 before I bought my '07. Test drove it, but the dealership tried to pull a fast one on me on pricing, plus offered me $4k below trade on my Civic which was in immaculate shape. I decided to try and find a used one, but could not find a single '08+ with a factory tow package on it and ended up buying my '07. I really don't notice a performance difference from mine to the '09 I drove, but I guess it can be attributed to being a new motor?

Anyways, nice truck, I'd like to find a set of those 18's for mine.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
MrCrash
Veteran

Thanks Air Ram claims that it won't interfere. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I'm choosing the Cortex over the FlashPaq because of the 2 year warranty and because it can pull data from the truck. Also, I'm a sucker for gadgets and gizmos.

The lack of power in the 09 very well could of been because it's a new motor. Mine really woke up after a few thousand miles. However, all that power and more can be had with an intake and possibly a cam swap

If you are interested in the chrome 18s, I've been thinking about maybe getting some aftermarket rims, so feel free to make an offer for them

Old 12-02-2009, 01:25 AM
thecause17
Veteran

Originally Posted by MrCrash
Thanks Air Ram claims that it won't interfere. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I'm choosing the Cortex over the FlashPaq because of the 2 year warranty and because it can pull data from the truck. Also, I'm a sucker for gadgets and gizmos.

The lack of power in the 09 very well could of been because it's a new motor. Mine really woke up after a few thousand miles. However, all that power and more can be had with an intake and possibly a cam swap

If you are interested in the chrome 18s, I've been thinking about maybe getting some aftermarket rims, so feel free to make an offer for them
I've been told the newest version of the Flashpaq offers the data logging, not sure if this is fact or not. The warranty is a plus though, but otherwise the only advantage to the Cortex seems to be the capability with the diesel vehicles.

I'll keep it in mine with the wheels. I'm not in the position to buy right now, and really didn't plan on buying a set until my tires wore out on the ones I have.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 AM
MrCrash
Veteran

I figure the peace of mind with the warranty is worth the extra cost for the Cortex.

For the wheels, I'm really not ready to buy new ones yet anyway. I was hoping to do that after Christmas, and would of been shocked if you came right back with an offer. They aren't going anywhere any time soon, unless my truck ends up on blocks

Old 12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice looking truck Crash! Keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by thecause17
I've been told the newest version of the Flashpaq offers the data logging, not sure if this is fact or not. The warranty is a plus though, but otherwise the only advantage to the Cortex seems to be the capability with the diesel vehicles.
Just to clarify for you guys. The 3865 Flashpaq has the datalogging (DAQ) option as well! The only difference is the warranty and, of course, appearance, for the additional money. I am currently running the 3865.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dakota