Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

my 94 SLT Dak

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 11:11 PM
hoidsracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 94 SLT Dak

This is my 94 SLT with the 5.2 auto. Thanks to the info on here I've got it running ALOT better. It has 140K on it and so far I've had to replace the t-stat, radiator, IAC, MAP sensor, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, PCV valve, bypass hose, upper and lower rad hoses, flushed the entire cooling system and motor, changed oil and filter, (looked like coffee), and of course the killer cup holder that would fly out at you every time you hit a bump. I've put in a newer head unit, replaced the door speakers, pretty much re-wired the stereo harness, added a K&N filter and a SI/DO Flowmaster with dumps. I removed the ratty red reflective pinstriping and replaced the newer looking V8 emblems with some off of a 93. I thought they looked better cause they say 5.2L EFI under the V8.

Future plans...... most likely motor/tranny rebuild with some go-fast goodies, small drop, satin black paint with some old school pinstriping, rollpan, shaved antenna and maybe the 3rd brake light and door handles.

Thanks to everyone in 1st gen daks for helping me figure out what was making it run so rough.

Marc