Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

2002 Blue Dodge Neon 2.0L SOHC

Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Olskoolrodder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2000 Blue Dodge Neon 2.0L SOHC

Hey all,I'm new here. Been a long time since I've owned a Dodge vehicle,but my wife and I recently found ourselves in need of cheap honest transport until current circumstances change (long story short,I'm unable to work after some spinal injuries from 2001 started acting up,but despite my veteran status from 'Storm,still fighting after 18+ months to get approved for SSDI benefits...so it's only her income for us and our 2 kids for now).

I've always liked the looks of the second gen Neons,SRT 4's in particular. We were offered a pretty sweet deal on this '00 base model,and with our old clunky Ford on the fritz (Found On Road Dead,literally,LOL!),we just couldn't pass it up.

Eventually though,SSDI will come,and I'll want to make some changes to it,if not for much more performance (my daughter will most likely take over this one in 2.5 years when she turns 16...no,want the look,not the power from this one,haha!),but things like handling and appearance.

So anyways,it does have a few scuff marks on it,but was very well maintained mechanically,and runs/drives like a new car,albeit with slightly over 100,000 miles. Here's a couple pics...

Last edited by Olskoolrodder; 10-26-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:19 PM
g_force58

Sorry to hear about your disability man. I know how it is tho, took 2 years to get mine. Welcome to DF and I hope you enjoy your stay. I am new too, having joined only a few hours ago. I also have a 2000 neon ES and there are pics in my garage. There are a lot of things you can do with a neon. Just shop around and be careful what you buy. Good Luck with the project and the SSDI.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Olskoolrodder

Thanks Brother (for all of it =) ). I'll definately watch what I buy...if any parts-it still be her car. If that should ever change...

As for the SSDI,looks like it was all for nothing,got screwed completely out of 19 months backpay,case was mishandled by a (epletive deleted) lawyer not interested in about half of the cases he takes on (he takes on 800-1,000 per month,knowing several will get automatic approvals,the rest..."oh well"). So it's a brand new case started a week or so ago ...but them's the breaks I spose. Have a great lawyer now,FWIW.

Got the tags transfered onto it today,had had both our personalized plates "deactivated" so we wouldn't lose em. Couldn't find hers,so we transfered mine onto it...it may be mine afterall,since she don't want to have to pay to swap em again when a 2nd vehicle is bought tax refund time next year (she may just go pick something out,let me keep this one). First thing it would need (after a bike rack for the rare occasion I feel up to riding ) would be a 5 speed swap,LOL,but that'll probly never happen,hahaha!

Old 10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
g_force58

I wish you the best with all that bro. I know how it feels to lose out on things with the SSDI. A good lawyer makes all the difference. I had one of the best as he was a former staff attorney with the Social Security Administration. Just remember, sometimes you need a lot of patience for good things to come. Same with the car, took me 6 years to get mine where it is. I love my neon and they will have to pry the steering wheel out of my cold dead hands lol. It is not the best looking or most modded neon, but it makes me happy knowing, I did this, not old Joe down at the local shop on the corner. Hang tough, be strong, and we are thinking of you and every other GI. I was a GI for 11 yrs in the USAF and the VA won't even help, yeah, it's sucks.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Olskoolrodder

And thank you for your service as well,Brother! I hear you on e the no help from the VA,same here,LOL! Ah...it's just bureaucracy and that's all it is,I suppose.

Yeah,I know it takes time..I've built a VW,Eclipse Spyder,and some pretty quick Mustangs back when I,well,had moneys to blow,hahaha! It's a process. I doubt this will ever be a 5 speed,and that it's a non-OD 3 speed irks me,but not as much as I thought it would. And being honest,an auto will be better for the daughter IF she inherits it at 16 (she's 13 now,almost 14),and some days I would have trouble with the clutch and the injuries anyways,LOL!

It'll get there,just very slowly (the mods,not the 0-60 ) =D

Old 10-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Olskoolrodder

We went on a family day trip out to Virginia's Natural Bridge Zoo Sunday,running it all day around 70-85 MPH. I wouldn't have believed it,knowing it's a 3 speed no-OD tranny,but using the cruise control all day,we got a confirmed 35.93 MPG !!!

At one point,and this had to be intentional,there were no less than 6 of us in base (non-SXT/SRT) Neons in a row,cruising along in the hammer lane at 85 MPH,for about 10 miles or so before peeps started reaching their exits,LOL!

Last Wednesday morning,at around 6:15AM,my wife called,she had popped BOTH right side tires and was stuck on the roadside between home and work. All 4 tires looked less than half worn,and she said there was only that one regular not-so-bad pothole she'd hit (just like every morning). So I picked her up in a borrowed car and drove her to work,took the blown tires/wheels off and dropped them at a shop for 2 new ones,went and picked up a friend to drive one vehicle home. I went to check the left side's air pressures,and figured out pretty quick what the problem had been...BTW,I hadn't been in/around the car for 2 weeks...the tires pressures were 13PSI front,and 18PSI rear. So she hadn't been keeping 'em gauges,and apparently there are slow leaks. Sigh.

And it seems pretty official now,she's talking about what types of vehicles she'd like to look at come tax refund time for her,so yeah,I'll be inheritting the Neon

Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Olskoolrodder
Thumbs down Spammers

Sigh...GAWD I hate friggin' SPAMMERS!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Blue Dodge Neon 2.0L SOHC