Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

1998 black ram

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 AM
twizted278
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hiusmell
Well, my truck is almost done. Still need to install my flowmaster 40's but here it is. I have quite a few pics, so this will take up a lot of space.
ive seen a truck almost /or exactly like that
parked over at a truck stop for the passed few days
the radiator went out on it.. and the guy hasnt been bk to pick it up yet

Old 04-30-2011, 10:03 AM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well. it's not me lol

Old 07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
idahoprime

Nice truck, i have a black 97. Howd you get the front emblem changed out.. is that homebrewed or can you buy them somewhere..

Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM
hiusmell
Captain

It's just a decal you put on over the regular emblem. I took the decal off. I prefer the stock dodge one. Here's a link to the place's ebay store they have a few choices.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/skulldec...=&_trksid=m270

Old 07-07-2011, 11:42 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

that truck is beautiful I wish I could get mine to even somewhat resemble yours. I think the finishing touch on it though would be some smoked out cab lights and not the regular 5 you'd need 9 or something just to be different from every one else.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:05 AM
hiusmell
Captain

that's something to consider. Right now I'm in the middle of a center console project for it and still waiting to put on my flowmaster 40's

Old 07-29-2011, 11:49 PM
john224

looks good! did your bumber and grille come painted black or did you paint it to match the truck? Also, the 3" lift from TGC is that a rough country kit or did you piece it together?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 AM
hiusmell
Captain

Originally Posted by john224
looks good! did your bumber and grille come painted black or did you paint it to match the truck? Also, the 3" lift from TGC is that a rough country kit or did you piece it together?
My front end was originally chrome. I replaced the grille and the metal part of the bumper not all the plastics. I bought a black grille and metal. And repainted the plastics which were all faded grey. The lift is TGC lift. When your looking at their lifts they have other brands and their own. But the shocks and the steering stabilizer are rough country.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:43 AM
john224

Originally Posted by hiusmell
My front end was originally chrome. I replaced the grille and the metal part of the bumper not all the plastics. I bought a black grille and metal. And repainted the plastics which were all faded grey. The lift is TGC lift. When your looking at their lifts they have other brands and their own. But the shocks and the steering stabilizer are rough country.
I really dig that front end and interestingly enough I am in the process of doing the same thing to my 01 1500! I actually stumbled on your thread as I searched for that topic. Can you tell me where you bought the parts to replace the chrome? I have the same chrome grille and chrome parts on the bumper that I want to black out. Lastly where did you buy the headlight cover?
Thanks and nice job with the truck

Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 PM
hiusmell
Captain

Originally Posted by john224
I really dig that front end and interestingly enough I am in the process of doing the same thing to my 01 1500! I actually stumbled on your thread as I searched for that topic. Can you tell me where you bought the parts to replace the chrome? I have the same chrome grille and chrome parts on the bumper that I want to black out. Lastly where did you buy the headlight cover?
Thanks and nice job with the truck
Thanks. AS for the bumpers and grille I have to ask my grandfather he ordered them. Ebay if I has to take a guess. As for the headlights, they aren't covers they are headlights. Worst things I ever bought. Couldn't see a thing at night, the stockers are in there now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1998 black ram