Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2018 Over heating

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 07:07 PM
SFCMERRITT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2018 Over heating

Hello,
I have a STX 2018 Dodge Grand caravan with a 3.6L 140,000 Miles
The Transmission went out at 136,000 Miles

I had a CEL come on for the thermostat about 7 months ago, replaced that and have no issues since.

I started for no real reason having over heating issues about 2 weeks ago, I did have a leak in the radiator on the Driver Side Top corner. but it was a really slow leak.

I thought it could have been the waterpump, due to the antifreeze was pushing out the filler neck while the van was running. So I replaced that and the radiator. The van is still showing as getting hot around 240 degrees. The diag computer that was hooked up to the car while running was showing that the thermostat was opening and closing with in spec. and that the temp sensors where reading what the dash was saying. There is no sign of a crack head or bad head gasket.
So the bottom line, The car has a new thermostat, Water Pump, and a new radiator. The air has been bleed out of the cooling system. The car is still showing running hot. I am at a loss of what to do next, the shop that I took it to is also out of ideas.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks
Mike

Old 05-03-2024, 05:59 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Moved to the correct section.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2018 Over heating