Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Cars running a little rough, some help desperately needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:39 AM
srt4babe
|
Veteran
Default Cars running a little rough, some help desperately needed

So hello Ladies and Gents, I am having issues with the beast AGAIN. I have 25k miles on her and she is just starting to run really rough. I don't know what the issue is. I did have a problem about 6 months ago when a squirrel ate thru my O2 sensor and had to have it fixed, but it seems like ever since then I am not getting the power that I want. It just seems to be running really "dirty" I guess is the best word. Any suggestions on what could be the issue. I am replacing the spark plugs tomorrow, but I talked to Dodge and will be dropping it off on Monday, but wondering if there is anything I can fix before it gets to them.

DISCLAIMER TO ALL THE MORONS WHO MAY THINK THIS IS STUPID. Yes, this is a real question, I am looking for some answers that I can actually use, I don't want idiotic relpies to this question, so if you think this is a joke for whatever reason, just go read something else. . so please someone usefull help me out. . .Dusty, Amy, Crystal, Shane, or anyone else that can be of some help.

Amanda

and I think it sucks that I have to worry about drama on this forum now, I wish it could be the way it used to!!!

Old 04-12-2007 | 02:50 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Default RE: Cars running a little rough, some help desperately needed

well, hopefully we have weeded out the troublemakers for now.
anyhow, when exactly is it giving you problems, like what rpm range and is it under part throttle, full throttle, idle, etc. where are you boosting at under full throttle?
is it lack of power alltoghether,or is it like sputtering a bit? i know when my tps went out it made the car run like ***.
i guess if its under warranty, let the dealer have a try or two at it, maybe three before its fixed.
dont think the delaer will bitch about the mods you have listed

Old 04-12-2007 | 03:46 AM
srt4babe
|
Veteran

No, I have a good dealership, they are actually the only ones near my house that don't really care about my Mods. I feel the lack of power when I try to "get up on it" as I call it, so not quite WOT, just trying to get there. I also notice that when I do try this, the temp gauge goes up as well.

I was wondering about the TPS, after the O2 incident, I was having a complete lack of power for a few days, I mean it was bogging and not accelerating at all, but then I just drove the **** out of it, mainly because I HAD to get home and then it seemed to be better, but still idoling (sp??) a little rough. What exactly does the TSP do???

PS - Thanks for the quick, honest help, much appreciated

Old 04-12-2007 | 04:07 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

tps = throttle position sensor. it's an easy fix if that's the problem. symptoms usually include a rough and irratic idle which usually sits higher in the rpm range and then kind of settles down, and often times you get some studdering and hesitation at lower rpms.

i would definetly start with the basics though and change the plugs and wires. usually rough idle/stumble issues are plugs, these cars love to just eat them up.

Old 04-12-2007 | 03:18 PM
silverblacksrt4
Veteran

yeah i have that problem with my car.. i'll be stopped and she just idles really high to about 3-4k rpms... so i m thinking its my idle sensor.. are they hard to replace??? or is it something else???

Quick Reply: Cars running a little rough, some help desperately needed