Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Most reliable turbo upgrade kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2004 | 07:28 PM
srt4racer32
Default Most reliable turbo upgrade kit

I have a 2004 srt4 with a stage 1, cai, and the mpx 3' turbo back exhaust, and im thinking about putting a diffrent turbo in it, i would mostly be driving it on the street so im wondering which kit out would be the most reliable

Old 09-13-2004 | 03:28 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default RE: Most reliable turbo upgrade kit

The AGP is a very popular and powerful upgrade, check into it.

Old 09-13-2004 | 05:09 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

pm me and i'll send you a copy of the tuner transformation where they put an agp turbo kit in an srt-4. pretty sweet, and it gives you an idea of what you're looking at.

Old 09-13-2004 | 05:41 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

You can download that video from AGP's own website, that's where I got it from.

Old 09-13-2004 | 06:12 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

sweet- even better- i didn't know they had it posted.

Old 09-13-2004 | 01:02 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

psi-fi offers a complete kit and is a true bolt on. they also include everything needed to make the kit work, including motor mounts and intake if you need/want them. they will adjust the price of the kit according to what you already have on the car.

when comparing the psi-fi and agp kits remember that the agp kit does not include any fuel management or stand alone unit (emanage, etc.), those need to be bought seperately. this is the main difference in price between the two kits. the agp kit is about $1700 or $2400 depending on the turbo and the psi-fi is $3600 or $3800 again depending on the turbo, but the psi-fi is complete. either way you end up spending about the same amount to get the car running, although there is considerably less tuning time with the psi-fi kit as they will send the power paq pre-programed to your set up and what you want from the car. it's also easy to change maps as they will just email you a new map to whatever specifications you want.

as you can probably tell, i prefer psi-fi. no offense to agp or anyone on here that uses/promotes their products, but so far their cars have proven to be dyno queens. many have put up big numbers (some are debatable), but don't make the times at the track. i'd rather have a kit that performs at the track than on the dyno.

Old 09-13-2004 | 07:20 PM
srt4racer32

Thanks alot for all your replies i have alot to look into, by the way psi chick does psi-fi have a web site or anything that i can look at

Old 09-13-2004 | 07:31 PM
andybuzz2u

I like my PSI-Fi kit, even if i only used most of the stuff that came with it. The motor mounts were nice....AGP dosent include em. But i would warn against anyone doing any turbo upgrades..think about what you could do to the car, the whole car with the $1700-2400 that AGP wants? Or the $3600 to $3800 for the PSI-Fi kit...i mean you could upgrade the entire car front to back top to bottom for that...think about the bang of a newer bigger turbo...thru mostly stock parts, halfshafts, clutch plate, etc. Or think how much bang out of S2 wit toys, S3 coilovers, large FMIC, larger TB, Sound system, wheels tires, etc...you get the point.

Old 09-13-2004 | 08:12 PM
srt4racer32

i cant find the link on the agp web site to download the video anyone have any suggestions

Old 09-13-2004 | 08:19 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it's all about what people want. personally, i prefer spending money on go fast parts rather than speakers, because that's what's important to me. you'll never get the numbers of a big turbo kit from stage 2 and some suspension upgrades. if going fast is what you want, then a big turbo is the way to go.

here's psi-fi's website, although it's not complete: psi-fi motorsports. the best way to reach them really is by phone, you can call them at 215-262-8874. mike will answer, or if you get the voice mail just leave a message and he'll call you back. he can answer any questions and address any concerns that you have. he is the owner of their street car, and was the first srt to break 11's. he knows a lot about the car, and can answer just about any question you'll have, and if he can't he can find out from mark or anthony (the other two owners).

Quick Reply: Most reliable turbo upgrade kit