Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

intake/ptb problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:01 PM
Plan B
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: intake/ptb problem.

If you are WOT then you wouldn't be getting PTB.... (Hence the 'PART' Throttle Boost part)

Old 05-11-2007, 12:50 AM
WASRT4
Rookie

it does it when im wot. it flutters if im at a stand still and floor it. or when im cruiseing a floor it. if the rpm is at 2800-2999 its doing it.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:25 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

that is ptb. if you're flooring it you don't get it, ever. and why are you shifting at 3k? that's no sweet spot, that's way down in the rpm range. you should be shifting more in the 5500 range. if you're flooring it there's no part throttle, hance no ptb. i think what's confusing you is that it's technically part-throttle overboost, which means that there's more air than the turbo can handle and that's what the fluttering sound is. it doesn't matter what your boost levels are, you're not on a stock wga. if you want to get rid of ptb there's only two options, either go back to stock or get a big turbo. otherwise you need to relearn how to drive the car.

Old 05-11-2007, 04:33 AM
WASRT4
Rookie

im not shifting at 3k- lmao..i meant its crazy to be easy until 3k. ie the call pulls hard at 3k. ...ahh.. ****in typing. i know how to drive the damn car.

Old 05-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Plan B
Captain

ORIGINAL: WASRT4

im not shifting at 3k- lmao..i meant its crazy to be easy until 3k. ie the call pulls hard at 3k. ...ahh.. ****in typing. i know how to drive the damn car.
lol, we're not saying you don't know how to drive, what is being said is once you start messing with the boost levels the car needs to be driven differently in order to avoid the ptb and overboost.... I had the same problem. I'm pretty sure everyone does. My advice would be to get a boost controller and adjust that and the wga. If you play with them long enough you will hit a combonation that will put you at the boost you want to be at and will also minimize the flutter issues. You don't have to be easy until 3k if you get your adjustments honed in. I know I'm not!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:52 PM
WASRT4
Rookie

well after thinkin awhile- i realized when i put the intake on- i was so excited that i forgot to charge the damn filter. it took alot of the flutter away-but its not all gone yet. i think im just getting to much air.

Quick Reply: intake/ptb problem.