Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Finally got to see what the new setup can do!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007 | 05:30 PM
flameredsrt
|
Veteran
Default Finally got to see what the new setup can do!

So i was finally able to get to the track with the new setup.I am running stage 3 w/toys in HOM on DAB 3,other mods include AGP WGA and alot of supporting mods.Now before anyone tries to bash my times i will let you know that thiswas in Colorado(High Altitude) and this was the first time to the track with this setup.

Stock clutch and DR's
Breakdown:
R/t .492
60 2.398
330 6.091
1/8 8.922
MPH 87.50
1000 11.325
1/4 13.325
MPH 113.67
Traction owns me.This was spiking 23-24 psi and holding 22 with a AFR of 11.2 that dropped to a 10.6 a redline.Anyone with a similar setup(Amy)that might have some insight please let me know.

Vid here ------>http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x59/toddmees/?action=view&current=carpics059.flv(Your gonna have to copy and paste to watch,for some reason the link isnt working directly).

You cant see the time but you get the jist(sp?) of it.

Old 06-02-2007 | 05:47 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Default RE: Finally got to see what the new setup can do!

yeah, not great time for S3, but practice will bring that down, with the #s you are putting out, youll see better times down the road.

Old 06-02-2007 | 05:51 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

your 60' is owning you. get that to a 1.8 or 1.9 and you'll be in the 12's with no problems. on street tires you're always going to have traction problems, so you probably won't get better than a mid 12 out of her. throwa set of slicks on there and see a low 12/high 11!

ok i just watched the video....sounds like you're launching from idle, what rpm are you going at? you've got noticable hop at the shift point, suspension work will help with that.

Old 06-02-2007 | 06:34 PM
flameredsrt
|
Veteran

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

your 60' is owning you. get that to a 1.8 or 1.9 and you'll be in the 12's with no problems. on street tires you're always going to have traction problems, so you probably won't get better than a mid 12 out of her. throwa set of slicks on there and see a low 12/high 11!

ok i just watched the video....sounds like you're launching from idle, what rpm are you going at? you've got noticable hop at the shift point, suspension work will help with that.
I launched at 2500rpm's but bogged it pretty hard.I did have 2 runs with 2.0 60's but something happened on both times and wasn't able to get a clean run.
For suspension i have AGP dogbones,stage 1 springs,both STB's and the Bwoody H-brace and T-bars,but i have not installed the T-bars yet just the H-brace.I need to swap out the Aftermarket hotside pipe i have cause there isn't enough clearance.
Do you think i can use the AGP WG to lean it out a lil more?

Old 06-02-2007 | 08:29 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

you can probably up the boost a little, but what would benefit you more is something to tune fuel with. but you can definetly go at least 1-2psi higher with those a/f's.

you should try launching higher on the dr's. more like 3500 or possibly 4k and see how that works for you. you shouldn't get wheel hop really on dr's, if you do a good set of rage lca bushings can fix that.

Quick Reply: Finally got to see what the new setup can do!