Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 T3/T04 VS Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Rice Burner
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT-4 T3/T04 VS Stage 2

I was wondering what everybody thought about about this? I was wanting to get the stage 2, but i was on AGP Turbo and seen that they had the Garrett T4 turbo upgrade, and i was wondering which would put out more power, not counting the stage 2 turbo toys.

if the t4 then what should i get in it...

Old 10-01-2004, 02:19 AM
glhs837
Default RE: SRT-4 T3/T04 VS Stage 2

Rice, define your end goal for the car. And exactly what AGP kit are you eyeing? Watch the needed but not mentioned supporting mods very carefully. Fuel, exhaust, boost control. The $1700 dollar turbo kit CAN whip and S2 cars ***, BUT needs a bunch more bucks to do it.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:18 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

Someone is this forum had a similar question... Barney, RR, myself put our inputs on this very same topic...

Old 10-02-2004, 01:53 AM
Rice Burner
Rookie

well i was just on agptorbo and seen the turbo upgrade kit and i was really wondering if anybody had any info about it from an onwer's view.
and i was just was wondering what was better!!!!

http://www.agpturbo.com/customer/pro...3&cat=9&page=1

Old 10-02-2004, 09:29 AM
SRT4nier

I am just learning about different turbo's and combinations of different upgrades... with that said it sounds like The T3/TO4 will produce much more power but at a cost and an unkown amount of work. If you have another car to drive around while the car is worked on go ahead. The only advantage i can see with Stage II compared to the T3/TO4 would be the fact that it has been teasted and developed by Mopar with proven performence and easy instalation (compared to T3/TO4). Then again how can you argue with 400-500 HP???

Old 10-02-2004, 10:27 PM
glhs837

Ok, here's the deal. You can't quite compare S2 to turbo kits. You can't beat S2s gains with a $1700 dollar turbo kit, and you can't beat a properly $$equippped$$ turbo kit with S2. It's more accurate to compare S3 to a turbo kit, since a turbo equipped to smack down S2 puts you into the estimated S3 price range

See, it's like this. S2 is better to compare the supporting mods that you would need to have a turbo kit make real power.

Boost controller, fuel managment & injectors, etc. Aftermarket folks don't like to mention that stuff, it rasies the price

First and most importantly, you have to make a choice on your ultimate goal. Changing horses in mid-stream isn't a euphamism for a bad thing for no reason. If you get S2 and then decide over 400whp is what you want, you will take a loss. Want bolt'ngo ease of install and everyday just drive it? Tweaking a turbo kit might require more time and effort than you want to devote. As some srtforum folks are discovering, S2 doesn't play well with others

And a lot of folks who saved a buck by getting S2 without Toys have seen the 370whp on racegas for S3 and asked for un upgrade to make toys work Penny wise and pound foolish

Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 AM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

The Brother is Good!!![sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Bildo
Rookie

Also on modernperformance.com there is a chill factor kit. What do you guys think of that kit? I don't know how long I'm going to be able to wait for Stage 3 to come out. Has anybody heard an estimated arrival date for stage 3?

Old 10-06-2004, 10:54 AM
glhs837

I've only been able to find one person running it, or a freind of that person actually, and the track results were, to use that friends words, disappointing at best. Not to knock the kit, or the guy behind it, Len Alaya (sp). But as it is said, a kit is only as good as it's tuning. Seems most of the reliable fast aftermarket cars are either

A) The test/shop car for the makers of that kit

B) Owned by somebody with a running tab at a good local tuner shop (Lucy Bop) , or is or has as a significant other somebody with great knowledge, like SRTgurl.

To your other question. Best rumour we have right now, I'd give this about %75 reliability, is that pricing comes out this week, and the kits ship around the end of Oct.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:19 AM
Bildo
Rookie

Thanks for the response. I guess I will wait for Stage 3. I won't be back until Jan probably so it should be out. I don't have any of the aforementioned connections to the tuner world so I will have to get something that is going to work straight out of the box.

Quick Reply: SRT-4 T3/T04 VS Stage 2