Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Clutch Not Disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:23 AM
prpaster
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Not Disengaging

So i go out to my car a few days ago and start her up and try to put her in gear and it is a no go. It feel like the Clutch is not fully disengaging. I check the fluid in the cylinder, Tried to bleed the slave cylinder and adjust the pedal. all of these things didnt make a difference. Could it be a bad slave cylinder? .With the car off the shifter goes into all gears smoothly.I have an aftermarket clutch by Darrel *** Racing, it has been in for about 4 months now. Anyone know anything????

Thanks,

Paul

Old 07-20-2007, 04:24 AM
b00rad
Default RE: Clutch Not Disengaging

Im not to sure, but maybe the pressure plate may be bad, i have a simaler problem, but it was my pedal, and the dealer told me that my pressure plate was bad, so im not to sure try that, if not good luck, but to me its sounds that the aftermarket clutch is bad as well, or that they did install it right.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
tyler819
Veteran

my car does that wen i try and drive it after it has been sitting overnite, its very hard to get into gear for the first 10min. and as i drive it and it warms up it starts shifting normal. im getting a new clutch putinonmonday so hopefully that will fix it...

Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 AM
prpaster
Professional

Just a little update on this. I did figure out what was wrong and it was kinda simple the pressure plate bolts werent tight. So just tightend them up throught the inspection hole and everything is great now!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
tyler819
Veteran

i had that problem too, i took out the tranny to look at the clutch and they werent tight so some of the fingers looked bent but they werent.

Quick Reply: Clutch Not Disengaging