Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

No Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007 | 11:30 PM
NeonDon
|
Rookie
Default No Power Steering

Hello peeps, just looked at a SRT-4 that I might be buying. They guy selling it says its his bro's car and he's in Iraq. The turbo has been upgraded along with the intercooler. This is what I can visually see. There is no power steering and the seller said his brother disabled it for better control. I looked at the pump and it has plenty of fluid.Hoses, etc. looked in place.

Is disabling the power steering common for SRT-4's? How can I re-enable the PS? At higher speeds, the steering isn't that tight but trying to bust a bitch (U turn) is a mf.

Old 08-25-2007 | 11:48 PM
Kapitald
Captain
Default RE: No Power Steering

hmm.....i dont know how you could just disable/enable it unless a hose is just disconnected somewhere....but i dont see how that would be beneficial in anyway......the only way the power steering is beneficial is completely off gives you a few extra horses not much....same with the A/C

Old 08-25-2007 | 11:58 PM
NeonDon
|
Rookie
Default RE: No Power Steering

Thanks Kap. Not sure if the fix is easy or if it will be expensive. I'd like to pick her up but knowing how much extra I'll need to spend to get her going is what's holding me back.

Quick Reply: No Power Steering