Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 and boost leak question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:16 AM
byebye
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-4 and boost leak question

I can't imagine what it's like to buy a used srt-4 right now. I'm an original owner and don't plan on selling. I have mostly mopar bolt on's and try not to move away from the stock vac configuration..

The 5psi problem does sound like the vac lines are not setup correctly. It could be a boost leak but you'd see a spike of closer to normal psi(10-12) then it would drop fast.

It would be wise to download the service manual and look at the engine bay pics. I know it's more work but at least you'll know what you are getting into. You may consider shopping around for a lightly modded car instead of "stock". You can bet that 99% of the "stock" srt-4's out there were modded in some way. In most cases people selling have gone back to stock from modded because they've made too much power and not enough traction and are moving on to somthing awd or rwd.

Kris

Old 03-22-2008, 08:36 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Thread from the dead...lol

Old 03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
byebye
Veteran

Ummmmm[sm=rolleyes.gif]

I thought I'd never do that in my life. I know what happened. I don't normally check this forum and when I went to subscribed threads this was there and without looking I replied. Holy crap!!! LOL...never again...

Kris

Old 03-22-2008, 08:32 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

LOL! It amused me though

Old 03-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Kapitald
Captain

lol yeah old thread but no harm done lol...reminded me when i drove to arkansas to buy my srt.....the whole way back i had max boost of like 1 psi...the couplers to both sides of the intercooler were blown off...but i got the car for $13k and drove 6 hours for it so i wasnt going home empty handed....my sxt that i drove there and traded in tho was honestly faster b/c of the major boost leaks on the srt lol....i had no idea what was going on a mechanic said they tuned it down so people couldnt haul ***** in it...lol wow was he wrong....

but i did notice with only 1 psi boost max....i think i was getting like 40 mpg LOL

Quick Reply: SRT-4 and boost leak question