Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

O2 sensor bad already?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 10:54 PM
Kapitald
|
Captain
Default O2 sensor bad already?!?!?

I threw a code yesterday nite on the way home and engine light came on....thought maybe it would go away in the morning not sure...this morning the light was still on so i stopped at auto zone to run the code...

came back as the o2 sensor before the cat????
car only has 41k on it?? has anybody else lost 02 sensors this fast? he offered me a replacement for like 23.99 and the bosch was up there at like 59.99 or some bull

i dont even remember seeing the o2 sensor under there...car had so many parts on it when i got it...has a 3inch side exit exhaust and 3"downpipe....but im sure its there somewhere..

the car also came with a wideband...where would that one be located you think>?

thx for all the help

Old 12-18-2007 | 12:32 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: O2 sensor bad already?!?!?

there are two stock o2 sensors on the car. one in the o2 housing and the other in the cat (or race pipe if there's no cat). the wideband o2 sensor is located just before the cat/race pipe.

it's not unheard of for sensors to just go, it does happen. what code is it exactly that it's throwing? you can pull it on your odometer by turning the key to "on" three times. you might want to just reset the ecu and see if it comes back, could have been a brain fart.

Quick Reply: O2 sensor bad already?!?!?