Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Vacuum Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008 | 01:25 PM
Kapitald
|
Captain
Default Vacuum Update

Guys....my vaccum at idle is now down to 15psi....im getting worried i have no clue what the deal is....i popped the hood listened for the notorious suction sound didnt hear or see anything....checked all my vac lines and they're all capped off still....i dont get it....

when i drive around shifting it goes to 20 vac its all good but say if i coast down a hill and put it into neutral it goes to 15 or 16 vac...any ideas...i would love some help

Old 01-24-2008 | 03:49 AM
Kapitald
|
Captain
Default RE: Vacuum Update

No takers?? hahaha lol...well i mean we cant find it either...i have no idea it was fine then just started doing this crap...ugh..

Old 01-24-2008 | 12:15 PM
whatneon
Professional

my gauge showed more vac when it was bad. read -10 when it was not running and should have been zeroed out.

Old 01-24-2008 | 12:49 PM
prpaster
Professional

Do a boost leak Test and presurize the system to 20 or so. you will here the leaks and if you dont when the system is presurized spray the hoses with soapy water and see if you can find any bubble . Also zip tie all of your lines and caps

To what neon if the car was off and it showed -10 and it is a mechanical boost gauge the gauge was probably broken it doesnt me that u have a vac problem

Old 01-24-2008 | 02:10 PM
Kapitald
|
Captain

K yeah thanks sounds like a good idea...or at least a start....
I just got done building one of those lil handy dandy pressure testers lol time to put it to use...

Old 01-25-2008 | 04:29 AM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

if you still can't find a problem it might be your gauge mine crapped to bed twice on me already

Quick Reply: Vacuum Update