Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

BOOST CONTROLLER INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
drewthatsmenb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOST CONTROLLER INSTALL

hey guys i got a turbo xs boost controller i'm trying to install it but heres the problem i put it in and turned the **** all the way down and for some reason the car is getting crazy amounts of boost instead of none so i figured it was probably back wards so i flipped it and it did the same thing then we took it out looked at it in disbelief and blew into it and it was backwards the pos was the neg and the neg was the pos so knowing that we put it back in and the freakin thing is still building crazy amounts of boost instead of none. i don't know what the problem is i feel like blowing up the car

Old 01-27-2008, 07:43 PM
drewthatsmenb
Professional
Default RE: BOOST CONTROLLER INSTALL

anyone got any info at all?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

do you have any other mods on the car? what wga and whats the wga set at?

any issues of any kind before installing the boost controller?
if you just keep building boost... i guess its possible its not the controller, but rather your car isnt letting go of any of the pressure.
i read your pm as well:
i tried installing the aem tru boost gauge but i couldn't get a good reading with it so i put my stock gauge back in and decided to use the turbo xs boost controller i tried everything with it and no matter what the car was still building crazy boost it wouldn't be a slow build either the needle would jump from 5 past 20 what should i do or what do i need to do?
hope ya dont mind quoting that, but it has some more info for some of our other knowledgable members to look at.

on a side note though, there is no way that the stock turbo is making 20+ lbs. not to mention that would be running madd lean on the stock fuel system. im doubting the car is actually even hitting 20psi though. since your playing with boost levels, do you have a wideband? if your still in acceptable range, there is no way your at 20psi on stock fuel.

i should also ask, what does your boost gauge do at idle and when the car is off? its very possible the gauge is messed up.

any other takers?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

there wasn't any other issues before i installed the boost controller and i have a couple of mods in it
agp 50 trim
turbonetics wastegate with the 4 psi spring
dump tube
3" turbo back exhaust
rc 750 cc injectors
ngk 1 step colder plugs
ngk 10.2mm wires
uego wideband
s-afc neo
apexi turbo timer
act street clutch kit
agp dogbone mounts
agp tranny mount
tokico full suspension
that pretty much sums it up i have a couple ofother parts that aren't in yet. maybe the car wasn't hitting 20 but the turbo was screaming a lot louder and my tires were breaking loose in 3rd gear. as for the guage the guy who hooked it up told me he connected it off the turbo so it only reads boost i posted before about this b/c i can't just read boost i need to know where my vaccum is at so that could also be a huge problem. but at idle the guage is at 4 vaccum and when the car is off the guage needle stays at 2 vaccum
maybe it is the guage but i'm getting a new one soon. any idea why the tru boost guage made the car act the same way?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:06 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

yeah, you should be at 0 when the car is off. whats your a/f's when your at full throttle? if your getting good a/f readings and everything seems as 'normal' feeling under hard acceleration, it could just be your gauge

Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 AM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

the a/f is at 10.0 the car still needs to be tuned i'm only boosting 7 right now i figured the gauge was acting up b/c its only hooked up to read boost right now i been trying to get a hold of my buddy who knows these cars inside and out but hes been real hard to get a hold of and everyone else i hang out with that works on thier own cars are either volkswagen heads or dsm guys and none of them understand our cars as of rite now i feel like the only guy who owns a srt in my area andi am completely lost the car honestly feels slower then what it was stock i'm at the point where i just want to sell it or total it b/c i don't understand all the problems that are going on with it i need a savior to come down from the heavens above and help me work on my car so i don't blow it up

Quick Reply: BOOST CONTROLLER INSTALL