Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

intercooler piping

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:35 AM
speedracer0260
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intercooler piping

im looking to buy intercooler piping, both hot and cold side plus the the under car charge pipe. ive seen lots of different brands but was wondering which one is the best one to buy. ptp and cti look like they are good quality aswell as exhaust depot. but everything i keep reading tells me peope constantly have fitment issues with the pipes. if anyone here has had experience with any of these brands or any other brands let me know your experiences with fitment and performance. my current setup is stage 2, maxxfab/borla, port n polish, angled valve job. im not looking to replace the stock bov, im just looking to upgrade the actual intercooler piping to something with better flow, i actually get good performance out of the stock bov.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran
Default RE: intercooler piping

I personally have the AGP LHP and UHP, I have not upgraded the hot side pipe from turbo to LHP yet, the cheapest one I have seen is CTI. Performance: turbo spools quicker, its alot smoother, fitment was easy, plus the AGP has the screw in AIT sensor which doesnt not blow out under higher boost, so thats a plus, its what sold me on it, and Im spiking 18psi holding 16. And they sell it w/ or w/out a bov flange. I know othersrun different ones.Hope this helps

Old 04-15-2008, 09:23 AM
speedracer0260

the uhp with no bov flange is just a straight pipe right, i wont need to get a block off plate for it? what about a charge pipe with underneath the car, im any experience with that? right now im probably going to buy the agp set. the screw in sensor i can just splice that into the current sensor wiring right, is that the only sensor that goes into the the pipe, because i see some sort of egt sensor on the factory one. basically is are all the current sensors going to bolt into the agp uhp. if you could shed some light on the sensor questions it would be a great help.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

There is only the one sensor that goes into the UHP, and yes it just splices into the factory harness, you just cut off the factory sensor and splice. Yes all it is is a straight pipe, no you wont need a block off plate if you are still running the factory surge valve or the upgraded mopar one. The underneath pipe I don't have experience with, I have not bought it yet, supposely there is a noticeable difference in spool up, but I get that a bit later, Im working on my custom exhasut right now. When I bought my car it had the factory black tube and it only had thered hose from the solinoids on it, with this pipe you just remove that red hose completely, there is no place for it.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:51 PM
speedracer0260

ok, thanks been an extremely great help. just got one more question, i looked today and noticed that the redline is a vacum line that goes to the tip sensor, will that cause any problems or throw a cel if its not connected to a vacum.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

No prob. I have the white one going to the TIP, the sensor on the driverside inside fender. The red one was on the factory cold side pipe. Where does your white one go to? And in my case no the cel doesnt come on with the red off.

Quick Reply: intercooler piping